Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V St Kilda

Warming the Bench
    The only changes should be due to injury. It sounds like the only likely out will be Reid, in which case we either bring in Sinclair as a tall marking (haha) forward or Dawson. I hope Dawson, sounds like he's ready to step up

Veterans List
    Injuries just when we didn't need them and we were travelling so well in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure why we need an extra tall in, not against the Saints. If the coaches weren't keen to do so against the giant Giants (before Cameron's withdrawal) I don't see that they will against the Saints. They have Bruce and Riewoldt, and presumably they'll stick with Battle next week. A bit like Richmond (though not quite as pronounced), the Saints' forward line relies a fair bit on its fleet of quick and short/medium players - the likes of Lonie, Billings, Gresham, Long and Sinclair.
    I think if Cameron had have played we would have been in trouble. But due to the Giants only having two talls we were quite ok. The last three times we have met up until this time we have had problems with their talls. The other reaon we need an extra tall is Reid will most likely not play. Someone needs to take Reid's place. A small will not do as leaving Buddy one out in the forward line as the only tall is not an option as he gets exposed because he is not a huge pack mark. this also takes it's toll on his body and we don't want that. Need the extra tall to play the foil.

Veteran Site Admin
    My comments were referring to a tall defender more than a tall per se (in response to the earlier post), and to an "extra" rather than a replacement. They were also specific to the upcoming game against the Saints.

I agree that if Reid is ruled out, the coaches will probably consider bringing in someone else who can provide a tall target up forward - Sinclair is probably the only option who is truly tall.

Cameron is a goal kicking Tall but he is also extremely mobile and hard working. IMHO the Giants missed his usual contribution as a marking release way down the ground. It made the Swans forward pressure much longer and more successful

Cameron out was huge , just out of interest for their campaign , what was his issue ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Cameron out was huge , just out of interest for their campaign , what was his issue ?
    Tight hamstring.

Warming the Bench
    This article suggests that Reid looks ok.....

No Cookies | Herald Sun

- - - Updated - - -

This article suggests that Reid looks ok.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/sydney/lance-franklin-almost-missed-sydneys-derby-win-over-gws-with-injury/news-story/5e36c2591e159cf117c12fbb530af58d

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Reiwolt classy ? Yeah, tricking a junior opposition player to throw the ball to him from a free kick in order to milk a 50m penalty is all class.
    I think it is kinda funny and will teach them to listen to the umpire not the opposition. It's not as if he does it all the time (or maybe he does???)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Cameron is a goal kicking Tall but he is also extremely mobile and hard working. IMHO the Giants missed his usual contribution as a marking release way down the ground. It made the Swans forward pressure much longer and more successful
    I'm sure the Giants were easier to beat without him. They bombed the ball into the forward fifty a lot. He would have helped out as a marking target / decoy.

Mind you, Paul Roos criticised the Giants for failing to put on enough forward pressure. Dunno if Cameron would have helped with that?

They were talking the Swans up just a bit too strongly for my liking tonight on The Couch and 360 .... no wonder Horse comes out with
    "Well we haven't done anything yet .!"

Talk from the News site quotes Harley is sounding pretty confident neither Reid or Rohan will miss this week, and also that Buddy played with a damaged knee but has pulled up fine and will be fine.

Only change I'd make would be Dawson for Robbo, I think he has demanded a spot and I hope he gets his chance.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast