Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V St Kilda

Dawson not even an emergency. Odd

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Dawson not even an emergency. Odd
    If he plays NEAFL I'll be fuming. BOG several times in a row - sheesh!

No Dawson!?!??
    Sinkers ????????????????????
    Jack and Laidler as emergencies?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    If he plays NEAFL I'll be fuming. BOG several times in a row - sheesh!
    He did miss a fortnight prior to last week's game (but so did Hayward, who then didn't even play last week's NEAFL game out).

It is becoming harder to understand why he's not getting an opportunity, given how dominant he's been at NEAFL level. Maybe there's something to do with team structures that they think he still needs to learn.

Sinclair in for Reid isn't too bad (if Reid had to miss). Better than bringing an unfit Tippett into the side. Sinclair's been in good form in the reserves, mostly playing in the forward line. Ludwig will be glad to know that he's been marking the ball well, plus his kicking for goal has been pretty reasonable too.

Any indication how long Reid might be out for?

Why not Dawson?

Why Robinson?

What am I missing? Dawson is a similar size. Is Robinson much quicker with far greater defensive capability than Dawson?

Sinclair deserves another chance. Is in great form and fresh from a week off.

Over to Ludwig to let fly on why two Ruckman were selected and the not Aliir.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    Why not Dawson?

Why Robinson?

What am I missing? Dawson is a similar size. Is Robinson much quicker with far greater defensive capability than Dawson?

Sinclair deserves another chance. Is in great form and fresh from a week off.

Over to Ludwig to let fly on why two Ruckman were selected and the not Aliir.
    Robbo is a proven established best 22 who was only out due injury. When he became fit again, he was duly reinstated.

I'm content to have Ludwig share his own opinions.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    While Sinclair for Reid makes sense as a tall forward for a tall forward, it could prove disruptive in terms of the ruck setup. Unless they persist with Towers as the second ruck and leave Sinclair inside 50

I'm not very pleased with Sinclair being selected.

1. I think Naismith has done very well as the lone ruck increasing his time on ground to around 82% per game over the past three games allowing more rotations for our midfielders, increasing our ability to run out games. Therefore, I don't want this being messed with because we have Sinclair in the 22.

2. If Sinclair is simply taking Reid's spot in the forward line and will have no impact on Naismith's role, then we are severely reducing our talent. He drops way too many marks as a forward and has no ability to put pressure on once the ball hits the ground. I'm worried his opponent will simply run off him. Sinclair has no ability to play as the swingman either like Reid. IMO, Dawson or Aliir would've been a much greater selection to replace Reid.

St Kilda have introduced a 2nd ruck in Marshall who is making a debut appearance.

Dawson, Dawson, Dawson. This forum is obsessed with him.
    He's not ready, and he's not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I'm not very pleased with Sinclair being selected.

1. I think Naismith has done very well as the lone ruck increasing his time on ground to around 82% per game over the past three games allowing more rotations for our midfielders, increasing our ability to run out games. Therefore, I don't want this being messed with because we have Sinclair in the 22.

2. If Sinclair is simply taking Reid's spot in the forward line and will have no impact on Naismith's role, then we are severely reducing our talent. He drops way too many marks as a forward and has no ability to put pressure on once the ball hits the ground. I'm worried his opponent will simply run off him. Sinclair has no ability to play as the swingman either like Reid. IMO, Dawson or Aliir would've been a much greater selection to replace Reid.
    Sinclair has had 2 very good NEAFL games in a row, playing a lot of time as a forward target, kicking 9 goals across those 2 games. He is in good form

He has vastly outplayed Aliir in both those games.

Dawson would have also seen a significant change in our structure, with the loss of a key tall forward marking.

I'm comfortable with Sinclair coming in, he will play a role for the team. He is far from the best player going around, but he will do a job.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast