Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Sinclair has had 2 very good NEAFL games in a row, playing a lot of time as a forward target, kicking 9 goals across those 2 games. He is in good form

He has vastly outplayed Aliir in both those games.

Dawson would have also seen a significant change in our structure, with the loss of a key tall forward marking.

I'm comfortable with Sinclair coming in, he will play a role for the team. He is far from the best player going around, but he will do a job.
    9 goals in two games in the NEAFL is hardly compelling. Do you remember the bags of NEAFL goals that big Jesse White used to kick? He would kick huge bags and nobody got excited. He used to spend some time in the ruck as well.

Now 9 goals in two games is great by the big Sinkers. Jesse would have been a handy inclusion for Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    9 goals in two games in the NEAFL is hardly compelling. Do you remember the bags of NEAFL goals that big Jesse White used to kick? He would kick huge bags and nobody got excited. He used to spend some time in the ruck as well.

Now 9 goals in two games is great by the big Sinkers. Jesse would have been a handy inclusion for Reid.
    Ah Matt, still good for a laugh

Get your hand off it....

I never said either performance represented something 'great'.

What I said was that he is in good form, and he did vastly outplay Aliir in both games. I watched both games live, and it is obvious that if you want to choose between those two for a 'tall forward option', then on current form Sinclair is well in front of Aliir.

He was excellent in both matches in question, while Aliir dropped in and out of both games. In both those games he was also on primary ruck duty as well. We all know the fallacies of the NEAFL in terms of quality, but that doesn't mean Sinclair can't have had good games in either of those matches, or doesn't deserve a callup on that basis.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I hope you're right. I'm normally a pretty positive guy but I've never seen Sinclair show in any of his senior games as being a competent KPF. He might've had success in this role in NEAFL but it'll be a massive step up against the Saints.
    I'm not convinced he is suddenly going to have a cracking game at seniors level, but we all know he will put a decent shift in, and always works hard to get the best out of his overall ability. His kicking for goal in the 2 games I've referred to has been quite impressive - in particular down here in Canberra he nailed a couple of very nice set shots from right on the 50 and on a fairly tight angle for both.

He will play his role for the team.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Sinkers has notably improved his pressure this year. If he can work on his marking, he will be a very handy footballer.

Warming the Bench
    It looks like the selection committee have made forced changes only. I suspect that after the first 6 games the idea of big ins and outs became unfashionable. Sure, Sinclair is not as versatile as Reid but he will provide some good structure in the forward line. We know he's not the best mark in the team but he will take the attention off Buddy. From what I've seen of him he works very hard and plays the team game. Good luck Callum - hope you kick a few goals.

I know it was just one game, but I rest my case

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I know it was just one game, but I rest my case
    There wasn't really one made against you.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789