Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Newman's brother Mav on 360

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    You don't have a problem with homosexuality BUT...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You can't read? Get your facts straight if you're going to attack the man.

I have no problem with homosexuality. I do have a problem with the loony left (ie, the gay lobby, the Greens, et al) that push it and the bullying manner in which they push it. Simple enough for you to understand now?
    Are you serious?

How do you expect people to take your post when on one hand you say you're fine with homosexuality (in the Rex Mossop sense I suspect) but on the other hand come on here, on a post that is based on tolerance and respect, and start defending Margaret Court who has almost universally offended the gay community? Or are they just being too PC for your liking?

Unbelievable.....

Probably best to take right wing posts like that to a political forum and leave it off RWO

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Hmmmm. Roberts didn't cut it with me. There are dark places in his head. You wouldn't like to be in the same room as this guy. During one game he pummelled Kieran Jack's father in a terrifying, brutal frenzy that was so horrible it left onlookers nauseous. After retirement, Gary Jack successfully sued him - $10k in an out of court settlement. Citing this bloke as some sort of gay inspiration leaves me sick to the stomach. Should have been gaoled.
    It was terrible, and you are right he should have been jailed, and he has since expressed his shame about that. And the fact Gary was taunting him endlessly with gay insults does not excuse his behaviour.

The bigger dog with that incident, in my opinion, was Matthew Ridge who pinned Jack's arms behind him as Roberts assaulted him.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You can't read? Get your facts straight if you're going to attack the man.

I have no problem with homosexuality. I do have a problem with the loony left (ie, the gay lobby, the Greens, et al) that push it and the bullying manner in which they push it. Simple enough for you to understand now?
    I work in a field where we promote diversity and acceptance. I thought I had a fairly open mind and understood what minority groups stand for and have suffered through. After undertaking training where I was exposed to the lived experiences of some of the LGBTIQ community (and other training that exposed me to stories from ethnic minorities) I can say as a hetero white person, I had no freaking idea. And I have gay friends and relatives, but these kind of stories aren't things that are shared around the dinner table. The training I had gave me a perspective that I had never had before and I'm not surprised that there is still such a huge drive from the 'gay lobby'. I think it's easy to take our privelege as a majority for granted, so much so that you don't' even realise that you ARE priveleged. I was reading some of the comments on the article about Pride Round (stupid mistake I know), and somebody actually asked when White Hetero Day/Round was going to be. It's every freaking day!

'They' are still pushing because they have to. It's not about being PC it's about normalising and equality.
    Life's not a spectator sport

You don't have a problem with homosexuality BUT...
    I think that is harsh, and trying to twist what he said into some passive homophobia.
    I also think that deserves an apology.

I have issues with the way in which society thinks it is best to remove homophobia and allow complete acceptance of all people regardless of their sexuality.
    Nothing to do with the issue, all about the way in which change is being brought on.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I work in a field where we promote diversity and acceptance. I thought I had a fairly open mind and understood what minority groups stand for and have suffered through. After undertaking training where I was exposed to the lived experiences of some of the LGBTIQ community (and other training that exposed me to stories from ethnic minorities) I can say as a hetero white person, I had no freaking idea. And I have gay friends and relatives, but these kind of stories aren't things that are shared around the dinner table. The training I had gave me a perspective that I had never had before and I'm not surprised that there is still such a huge drive from the 'gay lobby'. I think it's easy to take our privelege as a majority for granted, so much so that you don't' even realise that you ARE priveleged. I was reading some of the comments on the article about Pride Round (stupid mistake I know), and somebody actually asked when White Hetero Day/Round was going to be. It's every freaking day!

'They' are still pushing because they have to. It's not about being PC it's about normalising and equality.
    Everything you said becomes relatively insignificant until the government gets its act together.
    When people are treated differently by our government, it allows a normality or an excuse to be prejudiced.
    The government are the 2 tonne boulder tied behind the car speeding to the equality finish line...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Terms such as PC BS and 'the loony left' have only ever been applied in a bullying context. Advocates of 'free speech' really only tolerate 'free speech' from those who share their narrow minded opinions.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post

Mel, that training sounds amazing. Are you comfortable sharing where it was?

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I think that is harsh, and trying to twist what he said into some passive homophobia.
    I also think that deserves an apology.

I have issues with the way in which society thinks it is best to remove homophobia and allow complete acceptance of all people regardless of their sexuality.
    Nothing to do with the issue, all about the way in which change is being brought on.
    CTS to be fair SS Bleeder did say (I'm quoting) "I ... have no problem with homosexuality. The issue I have ... is with ... the gay lobby['s treatment of Margaret Court]"

Margaret court. You have a right to free speech, but a Responsibility to be respectful to each other.

Regular in the Side
    Mel, that training sounds amazing. Are you comfortable sharing where it was?

It's run internally by my workplace. We have an active Ally network and the training was run by our convenor. If you want further info, I'll be happy to send it to you by private message.
    Life's not a spectator sport

CTS to be fair SS Bleeder did say (I'm quoting) "I ... have no problem with homosexuality. The issue I have ... is with ... the gay lobby['s treatment of Margaret Court]"
    The mythical "gay looby" who are out to tear down the social fabric of our society like the family unit.

I reckon our LGBTI readers would find his comment borderline offensive, tempered only by it's extreme ignorance. He's quite happy for gay people to exist (I assume) but they should know their place and go about their business and relationships quietly and discretely, preferably out of the public sphere. But once they make a bit of noise about real equality they become some loony left lobby group. It would be totally laughable except that people like him actually believe it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast