Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nick Newman's brother Mav on 360

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    In what way did they treat Margaret Court with "courtesy and respect"? If you happened to be watching TV or listening to the radio at the time the behaviour of many people was appalling. Anyone who disagrees with their opinions gets labelled a racist/homophobe/bigot/etc simply because they don't agree with their opinions instead of having a reasonable debate or simply allowing them to have differing opinions. That's certainly not courteous or respectful. It's bigoted bullying.
    Who exactly and SPECIFICALLY are you referring when you use the word "anyone". I for one has disagreed with the recent comments of Margaret Court. I haven't however labeled her with anything.

Senior Player
    I agree with Beerman. RWO is the only internet forum I've ever posted anything on. I quite enjoy it, cos I'm pretty interested in footy esp
    the Swans, but what I don't get is how people who I assume don't actually know each other can be so rude to each other. It's just sort
    of weird really.
    I saw the segment on 360 with Nic Newman and his bro. I just thought, good on them. It looks like their parents did a good job
    bringing up two decent young fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I agree with Beerman. RWO is the only internet forum I've ever posted anything on. I quite enjoy it, cos I'm pretty interested in footy esp
    the Swans, but what I don't get is how people who I assume don't actually know each other can be so rude to each other. It's just sort
    of weird really.
    I saw the segment on 360 with Nic Newman and his bro. I just thought, good on them. It looks like their parents did a good job
    bringing up two decent young fellas.
    Go sit in a pub/bar/club n you'll see weird. People that don't know each other say n do way more than what you'll read on forums. The only thing on forums is the majority of people making those comments wouldn't have the courage to even step into a place like that let alone say anything to someone they don't know. Or if they pluck up the courage to go in they'll be the ones sitting in the corner with head down. I'm not talking about your cosy inner city pub like the Vaucluse I'm talking about your suburban pub.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Who exactly and SPECIFICALLY are you referring when you use the word "anyone". I for one has disagreed with the recent comments of Margaret Court. I haven't however labeled her with anything.
    For starters, Michael Barnett: ? LGBTI activist sparks fiery debate on 3AW Mornings | Melbourne Talk Radio. You can look up the rest yourself. Plenty of people labelled her with offensive names during this story.

Then you can look at anyone who asked for Margaret Court Arena to have it's name changed purely because she said that she was against same sex marriage. That is bullying people because of their opinions. Lets reverse the situation. Rod Laver comes out and states that he is for same sex marriage. Should the name on his arena be changed? Of course not. Just because you don't agree with her opinion doesn't mean that she can't say it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post

Then you can look at anyone who asked for Margaret Court Arena to have it's name changed purely because she said that she was against same sex marriage. That is bullying people because of their opinions. Lets reverse the situation. Rod Laver comes out and states that he is for same sex marriage. Should the name on his arena be changed? Of course not. Just because you don't agree with her opinion doesn't mean that she can't say it.
    It wasn't just that she said she was opposed to same sex marriage...(she has a right to her opinion). However, bringing up the devil and her comments about the parents of transgender children is where she went too far.

Remember the whole issue started because she said she wouldn't fly Qantas due to their support of same sex marriage. So people have the right to say they don't want to play in or attend the stadium named after her as they don't agree with her point of view.

It's just sad in 2017 how backward our country is .

Good segment with Nick and brother Mav on 360 tonight.
    Brave young man to go on T.V (even in this day and age) and admit to being gay.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345