Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 14 - July 21-22

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Would make alot more sense clubs travelling to play other clubs
    Be careful about believing the spin. It won't be clubs traveling to play clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Re the 19's, as they are 4 team finals, fair enough that they play a week earlier, wouldn't want a bye in there as it would give a three week break for the first team in.
    Why not. It's what has happened in recent years and if you asked any of the teams involved I'm sure they'd very much prefer to have their gf on the same day as prem's.
    Doubt any of them were asked though.
    The competition should be scheduled to build to a climax with the gf's for the top comps at the end.
    It's all over the place this year.

No way, the sydney afl knows to put the highest rating games on the last day of the year, as the whole season builds to the finals day. Thousands will be watching div 5, div 4 and womens div 2 grand finals. That will bring in the crowds.

Senior Player
    Mate ive been to quite a few gfs over the years. You would be suprised how many show up to lower grades. Obviously not as popular as pd. We had a realy good turn our in 2010 given it was 20 odd years since either club involved were a chance.

Sydney footy used to get good crowds but its nothing like the 70s

True, would be nice if there wasn't 2 weeks of lower grades at ece. why would the sydney afl give those games to sws at rosedale or other teams out west. Just to support them. imagine getting the lower grades all together on 1 weekend. Wonder how much more they are willing to give ece after the debacle of them being so poorly run then the SAFL having to bail them out. Wonder how much more they will get at the expense of other clubs.

ECE wouldn't get anything would they? According to the 2017 By Laws, Penno are running the canteen for the PD finals venues and Randwick have the lower grades.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    True, would be nice if there wasn't 2 weeks of lower grades at ece. why would the sydney afl give those games to sws at rosedale or other teams out west. Just to support them. imagine getting the lower grades all together on 1 weekend. Wonder how much more they are willing to give ece after the debacle of them being so poorly run then the SAFL having to bail them out. Wonder how much more they will get at the expense of other clubs.

Pay them to use the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Heard on the grapevine Camden are being promoted to premier next year and its going back to the way it use to be.
    they're a well run club, and picked up from where Campbelltown dropped off from a talent perspective. Doing particularly well in the lower grades.
    But the gap from Div 1 (currently 5th) to Prems is astronomical. Surely it couldn't happen in 2018? Manly and UTS had to be very successful in Div 1 for a sustained period to earn promotion. Nothing against the Cats. It's quite a step up.

filling up the bottles

RWO Game Day Thread - Round 14 - July 21-22

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    they're a well run club, and picked up from where Campbelltown dropped off from a talent perspective. Doing particularly well in the lower grades.
    But the gap from Div 1 (currently 5th) to Prems is astronomical. Surely it couldn't happen in 2018? Manly and UTS had to be very successful in Div 1 for a sustained period to earn promotion. Nothing against the Cats. It's quite a step up.
    I think they would be mad trying to go to prems with only fielding a joint venture div 2 19s team they need to be bringing juniors through and be competitive in the higher grade 19s before they attempt going to prems or they could fall in the same hole as Ctown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by water boy View Post
    I think they would be mad trying to go to prems with only fielding a joint venture div 2 19s team they need to be bringing juniors through and be competitive in the higher grade 19s before they attempt going to prems or they could fall in the same hole as Ctown

But until they do play Prems they won't attract the better players, including U19s, from the area. The first couple of years will be tough but if they focus on developing players and local juniors and ensure they create a positive club environment it will pay off in the long run.

Almost Football Legend
    I'll have this week's report up some time today. My flight was delayed coming back from Melbourne last night and I wasn't able to get it finished.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    But until they do play Prems they won't attract the better players, including U19s, from the area. The first couple of years will be tough but if they focus on developing players and local juniors and ensure they create a positive club environment it will pay off in the long run.

Agree - with Wet Weather rounds, Queens Birthday, Rep game PD just can not have a bye - would totally support Camden being promoted to PD, either with some financial or other support for Sydney AFL or the Giants. A great long term decision, that may face some short term pain.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast