Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder @ SCG

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Robinson doesn't give us much, is just a footballer, must be Hayward and/or Dawson in next week.

Ugg, looking forward to your assessment of those guys in today's game, or any other ressie watchers opinions. Looks like the official Best Players loosely follows what the stats are telling us.
    I only saw the second half of a dead game but for mine Dawson was the only one demanding a senior spot, his contested marking is a revelation.

Hayward looked classy and did some good things but may have run his senior race this year.

I know Aliir is a favourite here but gee he stuffs around with the ball a lot, he never seems to take the first best option and whilst he usually gets out of it I really think he should be told to cut it out and just keep things simple. He did look good though and his hands are brilliant.

Clearly the ressies played OK but that was my general observations not really paying huge attention

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I know Aliir is a favourite here but gee he stuffs around with the ball a lot, he never seems to take the first best option and whilst he usually gets out of it I really think he should be told to cut it out and just keep things simple. He did look good though and his hands are brilliant.

Clearly the ressies played OK but that was my general observations not really paying huge attention
    I was similar, in that I watched some but not all of the game, and what I did see was when we were well ahead. But my impression of Aliir was a little different, in that I thought some of his work in the centre of the ground after the bounce of the ball was very impressive, being both skilled and attacking.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    You should be able to it's on YouTube. If you note the score at the time of my Tweets and match it up with the vision you should be able to quite easily pinpoint his goals.
    Here I did it for you.

12:21 - 1st goal (crumb)
    26:45 - mark and set shot miss
    52:32 - mark and 2nd goal
    1:08:14 - mark and 3rd goal
    1:40:29 - HB receive and 4th goal
    1:54;15 - def intercept mark
    1:58:47 - clever tap to Ronke
    2:01:10 - mark and set shot miss
    2:12:40 - mark and 5th goal
    2:20:05 - mark and 6th goal

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    A second game would be a good place to start. C'mon Horse, what more does Dawson's Creek need to do?
    I was a big fan of Dawson when he arrived at the Swans. He's got a ripping long kick and had a real presence in the SANFL. However, his first game really dissapointed me. It seemed like he wasnt quite ready to take the next step - seemed a little lost on field and didnt impose himself on the opposition. Some rookies surprise on the upside, others show they need more time. In my utterly unqualified opinion, I thought Jordan showed that he needed more time.

I think his big problem now is where does he fit in the side, given the Seniors are really travelling well? Without an injury, who does he displace while keeping a balanced senior team?

I suspect for Jordan, he needs a strong preseason and he will find a place as one of the teams emerging leaders next year.

The game is being replayed on NITV on Thursday I think

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    The game is being replayed on NITV on Thursday I think
    My program guide says Tuesday 9:30pm. All it says is NEAFL and doesn't mention the teams but normally they replay the NT Thunder games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    My program guide says Tuesday 9:30pm. All it says is NEAFL and doesn't mention the teams but normally they replay the NT Thunder games.
    Yes sorry, I checked my recorder & it is Tues. I think it was Thurs last year. But it should be the Thunder / Swans game this Tues

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Here I did it for you.

12:21 - 1st goal (crumb)
    26:45 - mark and set shot miss
    52:32 - mark and 2nd goal
    1:08:14 - mark and 3rd goal
    1:40:29 - HB receive and 4th goal
    1:54;15 - def intercept mark
    1:58:47 - clever tap to Ronke
    2:01:10 - mark and set shot miss
    2:12:40 - mark and 5th goal
    2:20:05 - mark and 6th goal
    Thanks very much for that mate. I'll try to catch these later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I only saw the second half of a dead game but for mine Dawson was the only one demanding a senior spot, his contested marking is a revelation.

Hayward looked classy and did some good things but may have run his senior race this year.

Hayward kicked 6. If anyone is rested or goes down he'll be straight back in.

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    I was a big fan of Dawson when he arrived at the Swans. He's got a ripping long kick and had a real presence in the SANFL. However, his first game really dissapointed me. It seemed like he wasnt quite ready to take the next step - seemed a little lost on field and didnt impose himself on the opposition. Some rookies surprise on the upside, others show they need more time. In my utterly unqualified opinion, I thought Jordan showed that he needed more time.

I think his big problem now is where does he fit in the side, given the Seniors are really travelling well? Without an injury, who does he displace while keeping a balanced senior team?

I suspect for Jordan, he needs a strong preseason and he will find a place as one of the teams emerging leaders next year.
    Dawson is being groomed to take the second rotation in the mids. He will replace Joey in the rotations, this will give Joey more rest and he will not be blowing and therefore even more effective. In other words Kizza's spot as it stands. i thought the problem with his debut was that the senior players were @@@@e and even though he led up to the ball well he was ignored totally. He contested well but the ball was coming in so badly to the advantage of the defenders it was hard for all our forwards. none of them had great games that day and scoring was hard to come by. In that game Sinclair, Hayward, Reid, Florent & Smith all got less disposals. So you could say they were not ready either. It tells the story of a side not playing well and not giving the forwards much of a chance. The mids and backs just bombed it in to Buddy every time only to see it come back 80% of the time. It was a pathetic performance against a very weak opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Dawson is being groomed to take the second rotation in the mids. He will replace Joey in the rotations, this will give Joey more rest and he will not be blowing and therefore even more effective. In other words Kizza's spot as it stands. i thought the problem with his debut was that the senior players were @@@@e and even though he led up to the ball well he was ignored totally. He contested well but the ball was coming in so badly to the advantage of the defenders it was hard for all our forwards. none of them had great games that day and scoring was hard to come by. In that game Sinclair, Hayward, Reid, Florent & Smith all got less disposals. So you could say they were not ready either. It tells the story of a side not playing well and not giving the forwards much of a chance. The mids and backs just bombed it in to Buddy every time only to see it come back 80% of the time. It was a pathetic performance against a very weak opponent.
    I've seen Dawson in six games this year. He combines size, speed and power. As the year has gone on he has grown in confidence and is basically rag dolling every NEAFL side he plays against. He is without question ready for seniors and I expect once he grows in confidence there he will become a significant senior player. I think he is also capable of a variety of roles including half back. Possibly the only thing stopping him this year will be the finals, but next year, no doubt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast