Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 18 Sydney V St Kilda. SCG. 19.25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Interesting that they are keeping the same structure with Parker taking the ruck contests inside fifty and Sinclair right in the goalsquare.
    Yes I thought so too. He pretty much played as a genuine FF for almost the whole game from what I observed.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In some parallel universe, yes.
    Not quite parallel to the Barry Universe, which has a distinct leaning to the west.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Macca is fine so long as he doesn't have to chase anyone.
    All players have their weaknesses and strengths. He has plenty of the latter.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    8 contested marks for Sinclair! The most in the AFL this season
    At the start of the year, Sinclair was dropping simple chest marks! Maybe those contact lens have done the trick??

Senior Player
    I thought - and I'm sure I'm not alone here - that West Coast got the better of the Sinclair-Jetta trade.
    I was wrong.

On the wing
    Definitely wrong. Over here in the West the Eagles supporters consistently complain that they got the raw end if the deal. Jetfa has spent most of his time in the WAFL and he has not performed there to well. He has come good however over the last few weeks and appears to be holding his spot in the team.
    I could never undestand the vitriol from the RWO crowd over Sinclair this year. To mine Sydney have always looked better with him in the side. He is the only one that can consistently take a contested mark - and that includes
    Tipett, Franklin and Reid. In fact I think Reid is bloody useless..

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    He did - and deservedly so, but there was an outcry from some in the media that he should not have been due to the ball being there (although he was also late with the 'spoil').

Brereton led the defence of Jones in the media and the same language that he employed was then used in the MRP report. It doesn't take long for something to become accepted practice (although it could swing back again just as quickly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, and Greene has been reported again today, for punching Rance in the jaw. Perhaps Dermie will lead the case for the defense, by claiming that Greene meant to throw an innocuous jumper punch, but became disorientated because he forgot to grab hold of the jumper?

What do we think is the best team structure when Tippett/Reid are fit now that Sinclair has played a blinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    What do we think is the best team structure when Tippett/Reid are fit now that Sinclair has played a blinder?
    I'm not sure. But I think Reid is underestimated by some on RWO. He's an intelligent footballer, and his ability as a swingman is an asset. Granted, he hasn't been going so well lately, but the fundamentals see him - in my book - a valuable player. But Tippett's best position - for me it's in the Magoos. How many good finals games has he played for us? (Ans. Other RWO-ers will know better than my fading memory.) How many good grand finals has he played for us. Ans: zero. For mine, despite Tippett's superior talent, I'd prefer Sinkers in the team because a) he gives it his all, and b) he's more likely to see the game out. Tippo seems a lovely bloke, but for mine he's too injury prone and too inclined to go missing when he has a poor game for me to feel confident with him in the team. And before others say it, it is true that his first half of last season was outstanding. But if a week is a long time in politics, a season ago is a long time in footy.

Massive kudos to Callum Sinclair. If he brings that (or 90% of that) each week then he is an obvious automatic in. His passion and work ethic cannot be faulted

However, my worry with Sinkers is much the same as Glenn Maxwell in our test cricket team. That is, one great performance can gloss over several average games allowing them to keep a place otherwise unwarranted.

I'm really happy to be proven wrong again Callum. Bring on 5 more majors against the Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm not sure. But I think Reid is underestimated by some on RWO. He's an intelligent footballer, and his ability as a swingman is an asset. Granted, he hasn't been going so well lately, but the fundamentals see him - in my book - a valuable player. But Tippett's best position - for me it's in the Magoos. How many good finals games has he played for us? (Ans. Other RWO-ers will know better than my fading memory.) How many good grand finals has he played for us. Ans: zero. For mine, despite Tippett's superior talent, I'd prefer Sinkers in the team because a) he gives it his all, and b) he's more likely to see the game out. Tippo seems a lovely bloke, but for mine he's too injury prone and too inclined to go missing when he has a poor game for me to feel confident with him in the team. And before others say it, it is true that his first half of last season was outstanding. But if a week is a long time in politics, a season ago is a long time in footy.
    My thoughts as well, Tippett just seems so risky, the difference between his best and worse is massive and we can't afford to carry him in finals

Massive kudos to Callum Sinclair. If he brings that (or 90% of that) each week then he is an obvious automatic in. His passion and work ethic cannot be faulted
    Even if he could bring half of that each week I'd let him keep his spot

I can't believe how many marks sinclair didn't nail up until sat night

I couldn't believe last night how many he nailed

Hawthorn generally wouldn't allow him the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I can't believe how many marks sinclair didn't nail up until sat night

I couldn't believe last night how many he nailed

Hawthorn generally wouldn't allow him the opportunity
    I wasn't surprised by how many he was nailing, as in the two ressies games I watched him play in closely (particularly the game down here against the Canberra team), he had hands like glue in both, reeling them in like I've never seen him do before. He is in really good form, and while he is and continues to work hard (His off the ball workrate is very good for a big man), he will be very stiff to drop out of the seniors team.

As others have said, he needs to follow it up with more good performances, but there is little doubt he is in really good form.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast