Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 18 Sydney V St Kilda. SCG. 19.25pm.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I was watching two things from last night re Mills that made me laugh, but also realise what a competitive, hard bugger he is.

One: when he crunched Acres, which he executed beautifully by getting in low and drilling his shoulder into his ribs. It was such a brave, savage hit. But what made it better was he got straight up, walked past Acres, and not sure exactly what he briefly said, but did it with a smile. I suggest a good sledge, but it was quick and probably more about how he enjoyed it. And then walked back and took the accolades and high fives of his team mates. Reg hugged him for the hit.

The other was after Sinclair kicked his fifth. Carlisle was giving some argy bargy back to the Swans and Mills was in the vicinity before heading back to defence. Not sure what Carlisle said when he pointed at Mills, but Mills simply put his hand and all five fingers up at him.

He really is a remarkable bugger, especially for his age. No wonder teams target him now and then, but I suspect deep down he enjoys every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I was watching two things from last night re Mills that made me laugh, but also realise what a competitive, hard bugger he is.

One: when he crunched Acres, which he executed beautifully by getting in low and drilling his shoulder into his ribs. It was such a brave, savage hit. But what made it better was he got straight up, walked past Acres, and not sure exactly what he briefly said, but did it with a smile. I suggest a good sledge, but it was quick and probably more about how he enjoyed it. And then walked back and took the accolades and high fives of his team mates. Reg hugged him for the hit.

The other was after Sinclair kicked his fifth. Carlisle was giving some argy bargy back to the Swans and Mills was in the vicinity before heading back to defence. Not sure what Carlisle said when he pointed at Mills, but Mills simply put his hand and all five fingers up at him.

He really is a remarkable bugger, especially for his age. No wonder teams target him now and then, but I suspect deep down he enjoys every second of it.
    Yes, I also noticed that Mills took a bit of pleasure in his work after he crunched Acres. Though I almost feel sorry for Carlisle. I mean, at the start of the game, he was probably thinking something like, 'You beaut, I don't have to play on Franklin!'. And then Sinclair goes and kicks five on him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Interesting to see the difference in the umpiring when we're playing a Melbourne team as opposed to gws last week. This week - back to their old tricks, random application of the holding the ball rule. Saints win the free kick count 22-15.

Last week, the umpiring seemed almost fair. It was weird.
    Spot on assessment. It's repeatedly frustrating when we're playing Vic teams......and playing west of the Victorian border....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    And equal 3rd highest of all time!
    'Clunker' Sinclair! A star is born.
    Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    This week: GOAL KICKING PRACTICE
    Abso-@@@@ing-lutely!!!!! We really need to get that right and pronto....some BIG games coming up.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 24th July 2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: deliberately avoiding swear filter

Veterans List
    Fantastic team effort - improve our goal kicking and the world is our oyster. Gets interesting from here but...

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, some of the media seem to think he might be in trouble with the Tribunal. I would have thought, that to be suspended, that you need to have done something illegal? I don't see what was actually illegal in the tackle? It wasn't high, nor was it too low. It wasn't in the back. It wasn't late. There was no slinging motion and he didn't lift him. I would find it quite surreal, if he got punished in any way, for something that didn't even deserve a free.
    Agreed. He did nothing wrong at any point during the tackle. It was technically perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    It will cost us the win against the Hawks if we kick less goals than behinds against them. They will not let us waste inside 50s like these other teams have.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I also noticed that Mills took a bit of pleasure in his work after he crunched Acres. Though I almost feel sorry for Carlisle. I mean, at the start of the game, he was probably thinking something like, 'You beaut, I don't have to play on Franklin!'. And then Sinclair goes and kicks five on him.
    Love it

Wonder if Clunkers will keep his spot or give way to Reid this week?

I thought Heeney's tackle was legal and couldn't understand the free.

And Mills' bump!

Sinkers!!!
    Fawlty Towers!!!! (He had a few shockers, but this was by far his best game of the season.)
    Awesome game.
    Still too many behinds. Converted, that's a lot of percentage we're missing out on.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Love it

Wonder if Clunkers will keep his spot or give way to Reid this week?

I thought Heeney's tackle was legal and couldn't understand the free.

And Mills' bump!
    I was watching with the sound off while at a party and we were trying to figure out the reason for the free kick in the tackle. As far as we were all concerned, it was a great tackle.

Also, I had to chuckle at Mills as soon as he did the bump - you could see the grin on his face as he was getting up, so you know he understood how good it was.

Are the umps going to explain the free against Heeny's technically perfect tackle ?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Sinkers!!!
    Fawlty Towers!!!! (He had a few shockers, but this was by far his best game of the season.)
    Awesome game.
    Still too many behinds. Converted, that's a lot of percentage we're missing out on.
    Our score this year: 224 goals, 212 behinds (1556). Accuracy 51.4%, ranked 13th or so.

Top ranked side is Melbourne. 240 goals, 178 behinds (1618). Accuracy 57.4%.

If we were converting with the same rate as Melbourne, we would have scored 26 more goals or 130 more points. Percentage would be 1686 � 100 � 1342, or 125.6%, or about 10% higher.

That percentage would have been to put us within range of Port Adelaide's percentage of 132.1 and given us a margin of comfort ahead of Geelong and GWS. Our percentage is already the third-best in the competition, but not by much.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Fawlty Towers!!!!
    That mark he took going back with the ball was a beauty.