Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 18 Sydney V St Kilda. SCG. 19.25pm.

The thing that impresses me the most about our game style at the present time is our ability to control the tempo. When the opposition have the upper hand our backmen and the team in general seem to be able to slow the game down and lead the play towards our strong positions.

Sinclair really silenced some doubters tonight. I was also very impressed with Melican up back. The side is playing with a lot more confidence now. I can't wait for next week's game against the Dawks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Jones didn't look right tonight gave up early on a few chases.

One thing that I thought was interesting from the stats, assuming that the tracker thing on the AFL site is accurate, was the highest recorded speed of the players tonight. Unsurprisingly, Rohan was fastest at 33.1 kph and Buddy was second at 32.8, but third was Melican at 32.0. Certainly quicker than I thought he was. And his game tonight, probably made Riewoldt think just that little bit harder about retirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Sinclair really silenced some doubters tonight. I was also very impressed with Melican up back. The side is playing with a lot more confidence now. I can't wait for next week's game against the Dawks.

Yes, it will be nice to drive the final nail in their coffin for season 2017.

ALL HAIL LORD SINCLAIR!!!!

My hand is up. I definitely got it wrong regarding Sinkers. Great game from him. Cheer cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    My hand is up. I definitely got it wrong regarding Sinkers. Great game from him. Cheer cheer.
    I think I may have called putting The Almighty Sinclair aka "Clunkers" in the team a "backwards step"

I was referring to Sinclair_v1.0 not the marking machine out there tonight. Very happy to admit I totally stuffed up.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Good on Sinclair. He said he wanted it if it comes down to him and Tip.

But above all, how good was Melican? I've liked everything seen so far, but that was fantastic. He put a champ in Reiwoldt into the knackery. Chopped him up.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Sinclair was huge, don't want to hear any more negatives about him for now because he has points banked after tonights game, worked hard, not only clunked plenty but chased and harassed.
    I really enjoyed his game. He had a point to prove and really made it hard for the selection committee to drop him out of the team. There were a couple of occasions where team football was secondary to personal success, but that is understandable (and hopefully he learns from it). Seeing a player want to take a shot is also a good thing in our forward line too.

The inconsistencies in the HTB rule was extraordinarily frustrating tonight. But, winners and grinners, so that's just what I'll do.

Rohan needs to spend all week watching videos of tippenwoodie (sp?). There is a bloke who uses speed well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    One thing that I thought was interesting from the stats, assuming that the tracker thing on the AFL site is accurate, was the highest recorded speed of the players tonight. Unsurprisingly, Rohan was fastest at 33.1 kph and Buddy was second at 32.8, but third was Melican at 32.0. Certainly quicker than I thought he was. And his game tonight, probably made Riewoldt think just that little bit harder about retirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it will be nice to drive the final nail in their coffin for season 2017.
    Melican is definitely quick. Good mark, clean, clearly learns. He's a gun. In my top 3 again.

Happy for Sinclair. He has always tried, but his kicking and marking have both clearly improved. He's driven. Good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Good on Sinclair. He said he wanted it if it comes down to him and Tip.

But above all, how good was Melican? I've liked everything seen so far, but that was fantastic. He put a champ in Reiwoldt into the knackery. Chopped him up.
    Yep, toweled him. Embarrassingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rohan needs to spend all week watching videos of tippenwoodie (sp?). There is a bloke who uses speed well.
    Reckon Rohan would be near league-best for smothers and forced turnovers.

Everyone calm down about Sinclair pls. That's his first very good game for us. The chances of him doing it again this season aren't high.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast