Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 18 Sydney V St Kilda. SCG. 19.25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Everyone calm down about Sinclair pls. That's his first very good game for us. The chances of him doing it again this season aren't high.
    Until he proves you right let's enjoy his time in the sun.

With McVeigh, Sinclair and Towers playing well, is there any reason for RWO to stay open this week?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Everyone calm down about Sinclair pls. That's his first very good game for us. The chances of him doing it again this season aren't high.
    Actually (from the highlights) he showed something we hadn't seen before. They weren't flukes but genuine contested grabs. Granted Carlisle is a shadow of himself these days, still an impressive change.

What happened to Jones? 9 touches and not a single tackle suggest something is up..

Not sure why there is such surprise about Sinclair.
    He was doing some great stuff and showing some passion and grunt before he got injured.
    For me he was always a preference to Reid, who aside from a few games at the start of this year has never impressed me.
    I thought it was because of the failed back line experiment, but even though I'm not a big fan of the word, he's soft.
    It's the word that describes him best. Also lacking skills and apparent drive.
    Not sure why the commentators were saying Reid was in good form before his injury...

Heeney committed to the tackle before the player jumped in the air. Nothing to worry about there.

Jones is a bit of a worry. If he's carrying an injury he shouldn't be on. But he seems to have lost his mojo over the last 3 or 4 weeks

Umpires were inconsistent tonight. Lots of holding the balls paid against the Swans where they haven't been all year, then the Saints were getting away with it. Weird.

Robinson still failing to impress me at all.

Papley needs to look at controlling his frees against a bit. They seem more costly and more frequent than others.

Fun game to watch.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    With McVeigh, Sinclair and Towers playing well, is there any reason for RWO to stay open this week?
    Good point. Maybe it should be rested for a week. LOL.
    I think we have some sore boys in jones and hanners... Maybe it is a good time to give them a rest?. Dawson and Aliir maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, take the damn shot if you're 40 out.
    Just about every time I yelled "TAKE THE SHOT!!!" at the screen they didn't and it was turned over.
    At least only pass it off when it guaranteed to hit the player on the chest unopposed.

Senior Player

Match Day Thread Rnd 18 Sydney V St Kilda. SCG. 19.25pm.

Good solid win. Happy to see Sinclair go well. Couldn't buy a mark at the start of the year, couldn't drop one tonight! Apparently the first 5 goals + 8 contested marks since Barry Hall 2008.

Really enjoyed Melican's game too, very good tonight.

Hope the replays will show the Heeney tackle for what it was, just a good hard crunch that got a little lift when the other guy jumped. No sling or spear motion in it for me. The Mills bump was great too. Crowd loved them both.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    8 contested marks for Sinclair! The most in the AFL this season

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We could always get pessimistic about our chances against the Hawks, a side we've only beaten seven times since 2008 out of 21 games (including four finals).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Also, take the damn shot if you're 40 out.
    Just about every time I yelled "TAKE THE SHOT!!!" at the screen they didn't and it was turned over.
    At least only pass it off when it guaranteed to hit the player on the chest unopposed.
    Indeed.

I've long thought Sinclair presents well at the contest and takes his share of marks but tonight he was great. If he plays anywhere like that going forward he won't be dropped.

I thought we were fierce at the contest and basically belted the Saints out of the game but we will probably need to execute better against the Hawks on Friday is we want to win.

Horse certainly has some selection dilemmas. Surely Sinclair keeps his spot at FF, and he has the added second string to his bow in the ruck. Could we go with Buddy, Sinclair and Reid with Sinclair rotating through the ruck and Reid playing the swingman. I'd prefer Reid to Aliir if we need three talls down back but I just think we'll be too tall with those three plus Naismith.

From today I'd say we have three players out of the side who have genuine claims - Reid, Dawson and Hayward. I think Dawson's form just has to be rewarded - 186 points today FFS. Hayward may struggle to get back but he was classy today ins the twos. Reid's selection treatment will be interesting as he has been off the boil lately.

Robbo would seem a popular choice to make way and I'd tend to agree with that but any additional changes become troublesome. Newman is one player who I feel is struggling a bit at the moment even though he has done so well.

Interesting times

Just an idea but would we entertain having both Reid and Sinclair as marking targets and redeploy Buddy into a attacking midfielder marauding role? - as we all know his contested marking is not that great (his only possible weakness) and his field kicking is elite.
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 23rd July 2017 at 12:45 AM.

I have a theory about Reid.
    I've heard that 4 years in on the table. I reckon that he and the club have agreed to part ways and the offer is there to boost both his worth and his potential earning capacity at a new club.
    Maybe I'm just hoping....
    From memory Sinclair came to the club as a ruck/forward. Easy to put him at FF, buddy at CHF and Naismith in the ruck, relieved by Sinclair and for some reason Parker around the ground.

Callum "Plugger" Sinclair, 3 votes!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast