Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V Hawthorn

I think unless the club is more than just confident with Reid's fitness he won't play especially after how well Sinclair played. Tippett to come back in is an interesting one. I'm concerned we could be too tall up forward with Tippo and Sinclair. Plus when Reid plays he normally drops to the back lines as a loose player late in the quarters and I don't think the 3 ruckman can do this. My tip is this week unless Reid is fit there will be no changes. If Reid is fit, Robbo to me would drop out.

Reid races the clock - sydneyswans.com.au
    I am a proud South Australian Sydney Swans Member - Go BLOODS

I'm confused and happy to leave all this to better minds. All in all these are good problems to have if we have 4 - 6 quality players unable to break into the team.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think it will bean unchanged team. And since the last Dawks game the whole team has lifted in defence. I don't think we will see the same latitude given to the Dawks and their short kicks.

slightly off topic, I think we can play Reid with two of either Naismith, Sinclair and Tippett. Reid has shown in the past to be an on ball option. He has good hands and is a big body and could be developed into a Goodes-like roaming midfielder who can go where needed. Just a thought ...
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Newman might be looking over his shoulder this week, especially if they decide to bring back Reid and assuming Sinclair is undroppable this week. He's been pushed further up the ground since McVeigh's return a month ago and hasn't been as effective in the past few games as a wing/forward.

Veterans List
    I mentioned in the Finals thread about the number of best 22 Hawthorn have missing and it's quite an impressive list

Birchall
    Rioli
    Puopolo
    Stratton
    Frawley
    O'Meara
    Ceglar* is he first choice ruck?
    Gibson* likely retirement

We have our best 22 playing this game so no excuses, must beat them and in my mind must beat them well given the number of young/second choice players fronting for them this week.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Newman might be looking over his shoulder this week, especially if they decide to bring back Reid and assuming Sinclair is undroppable this week. He's been pushed further up the ground since McVeigh's return a month ago and hasn't been as effective in the past few games as a wing/forward.
    But has he been more effective than Robinson? Newman has more weapons/ceiling than Robbo

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I mentioned in the Finals thread about the number of best 22 Hawthorn have missing and it's quite an impressive list

Birchall
    Rioli
    Puopolo
    Stratton
    Frawley
    O'Meara
    Ceglar* is he first choice ruck?
    Gibson* likely retirement

We have our best 22 playing this game so no excuses, must beat them and in my mind must beat them well given the number of young/second choice players fronting for them this week.
    We said the same thing last time we played them!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    But has he been more effective than Robinson? Newman has more weapons/ceiling than Robbo
    And while Robinson has been tasked with a defensive role in the last three weeks, he wasn't in the team before then (mostly through injury) and only got his chance because Kennedy was initially out for a week, and then Hayward was injured. So I don't think the role he is playing is critical to the team's structure. Hewett was probably getting Robinson's tasks before Robinson came into the team and could presumably revert to those kind of roles again.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Florent was one of the quieter players against NT. Unless there's a need to elevate players (ie through injury) I can't see him coming into the side at the expense of anyone who played last week. Hayward made his case for a senior recall far more emphatically, but I still doubt he'll get a go.
    Florent & Hayward > Robinson for me.
    In fact untried Dawson > Robinson at the moment for me.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Let's cut to the crunch. Do we tag Mitchell - and if so, who?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Let's cut to the crunch. Do we tag Mitchell - and if so, who?
    In theory yes. Do we have a tagger who'd do a good job?
    Someone suggested Kizza. I wonder if Towers didn't ruck he could be a good tagger?

Veterans List
    We also have to watch for Gunston and Sicily running out from the backline. Our forwards need to be accountable and apply pressure. My one worry having Sinclair at FF is that his opponent will run away from him, (although not because of his lack of effort.)

I really really hate having to play Hawthorn especially here in Melbourne. Sitting next to their feral supporters is painful and for some reason we never seem to be able to win comfortably against them.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast