Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why do you think he's a dickhead? He seems to have a great attitude.
    I'd be interested as to the basis of this as well. His attitude would seem to suggest otherwise, but maybe someone has some inside knowledge.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'd be interested as to the basis of this as well. His attitude would seem to suggest otherwise, but maybe someone has some inside knowledge.
    The post game interview with JPK where he kept calling him "The Chief" made me think that the boys really like him enough to give him a nickname.

Goes up to 11
    I've always gotten the impression that Sinclair has given 115% out on the field and I like him for that.

I take your point that his team mates seem to respect him and Longmire certainly seemed to be full of praise for his work rate but...
    It was an incident in his first pre-season, in the intra-match when he started beating up on Sam Murray who was a rookie half his size. It seemed to me he was very full of himself.
    These days it is also his ego that gets to me, he either ignores or doesn't see better options. Twice last week there were players calling for the ball in better position and he turned his back and prepared for a shot at goal, with mixed results.
    I hope I'm wrong and that it's just my prejudice.

Veterans List
    Just noticed Hawks have their "23rd man" named! FFS, on odds it's only a 10% chance that we can get Stevic when we play the Hawks and the AFL have done it again! I'll spew if he brings his usual interpretation of rules tonight :-(

Need to put a gap in this game quickly so he can't affect the result.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I take your point that his team mates seem to respect him and Longmire certainly seemed to be full of praise for his work rate but...
    It was an incident in his first pre-season, in the intra-match when he started beating up on Sam Murray who was a rookie half his size. It seemed to me he was very full of himself.
    These days it is also his ego that gets to me, he either ignores or doesn't see better options. Twice last week there were players calling for the ball in better position and he turned his back and prepared for a shot at goal, with mixed results.
    I hope I'm wrong and that it's just my prejudice.
    Papley is another that can take shots when he should have passed to a player in better position. I always watch a replay of games and it gives you the chance to analyse these incidents which are magnified when the goal isn't kicked. I'm sure they come up in the weekly review of the game by the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Papley is another that can take shots when he should have passed to a player in better position. I always watch a replay of games and it gives you the chance to analyse these incidents which are magnified when the goal isn't kicked. I'm sure they come up in the weekly review of the game by the team.
    Looking for a second option means second guessing yourself. Great forwards have always been hungry and instinctive. I also think too often passing to the player in a supposedly better position is actually risky.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Buddy's not exactly know for giving it off. I love that he gets so many shots from outside 50. I think it's what's called a "natural forward".

In Q1 v Saints Kizza was in the goal square on his own but Papley ignored him and missed everything. I like players that take responsibility. How often do you see someone around the 40-50m mark look for a "better option" only to turn the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    If Sinclair is to play as our full forward in the traditional sense then I think we are in lot of trouble. Not because, as I originally believed, he has concrete hands, can't run and doesn't tackle but because he fails the "no d***heads policy".
    Have you ever met him?
    He was my redback sponsor child last year.
    He's a very lovely young man. He's respectful, decent and very funny.
    He is more suited to our structure than he is to the wet coke budgies.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Have you ever met him?
    He was my redback sponsor child last year.
    He's a very lovely young man. He's respectful, decent and very funny.
    He is more suited to our structure than he is to the wet coke budgies.
    I've never met him, but your description certainly fits the "vibe" I get from him, just from watching him on Swans media and his onfield persona (including at NEAFL level - I think you can gauge quite a bit from players by watching how they respond onfield when they get demoted to the NEAFL team).

Longmire commented during the week how determined he was, how coachable he was, and how hard he had been working to improve his forward presence. We're going to have to wait a while to find out whether last week was one out of the box, or whether something has clicked for him. But he's one of the last players on our list I'd attach a dickhead label (or even arrogant / self confident label, given I'd struggle to think of any who publicly exude a dickhead air about them).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've never met him, but your description certainly fits the "vibe" I get from him, just from watching him on Swans media and his onfield persona (including at NEAFL level - I think you can gauge quite a bit from players by watching how they respond onfield when they get demoted to the NEAFL team).

Longmire commented during the week how determined he was, how coachable he was, and how hard he had been working to improve his forward presence. We're going to have to wait a while to find out whether last week was one out of the box, or whether something has clicked for him. But he's one of the last players on our list I'd attach a dickhead label (or even arrogant / self confident label, given I'd struggle to think of any who publicly exude a dickhead air about them).
    Met him here in WA a few times n he's exactly like AnnieH describes.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

I get that 'vibe' as well Liz, and from the same source - in particular the NEAFL game down here in Canberra after he just got dropped. Being a pretty small crowd overall and close to the action, you can pick up quite a bit of what is going on on the field. He was working very hard across the ground to not only play well himself and give a huge effort, but providing a lot of support/encouragement for the rest of his team mates as well - playing a senior leadership role within the team. It was impressive stuff how he responded to being demoted.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast