Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 104

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V Hawthorn

  1. #1
    recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stanmore
    Posts
    414

    Changes for Rnd 19 V Hawthorn

    Stunned no one has started this one!

    Love to see Dawson come in; amazing form must be rewarded!

    Keep Reid out; Sinclair must be keep in, reward for effort and will be great for his confidence.
    doof-doof

  2. #2
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    2,837
    Sinclair stays. Dawson must be given a run due to multiple standout BOG efforts, in place of Robinson who had his colours lowered Saturday.

    Reid a managed game in the ressies to make sure he's over groin tightness?

  3. #3
    Senior Player Swansongster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    St Kilda West
    Posts
    1,175
    OUT: Mitchell getting 40 touches
    IN: Tagging role for Kizza

  4. #4
    I think the reason no one started this thread sooner is because there is no real need for any changes. I'd love to see Dawson given a chance but am also happy to go in unchanged.

    The only other thing I'd like to see changed is the instructions to mark Hawks players one on one to stop their uncontested play.

  5. #5
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,605
    I called for Robinson out last week and the Swans didn't listen.
    Doubt Dawson will get a run at this time in the season, though I'd love him to.
    Probably Florent in.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  6. #6
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    12,732
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I called for Robinson out last week and the Swans didn't listen.
    Doubt Dawson will get a run at this time in the season, though I'd love him to.
    Probably Florent in.
    Florent was one of the quieter players against NT. Unless there's a need to elevate players (ie through injury) I can't see him coming into the side at the expense of anyone who played last week. Hayward made his case for a senior recall far more emphatically, but I still doubt he'll get a go.

    It's weird to hope for an established player to be injured/unavailable this week, but I kind of hope Reid needs one more week to make sure his groin is fine. It's impossible to drop Sinclair this week but I don't think this weekend's game is the one to be messing with the structure of the side. If Callum comes close to repeating his efforts of last weekend, the coaches are going to have to think about whether the team can work with one extra tall for the rest of the year, or if they send Reid to play alongside Tippett in the NEAFL side. Just as possible is that Sinclair has a more modest outing against the Hawks and then the coaches just need to decide which of the three tall blokes gets to play in the senior side.

  7. #7
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,484
    The weather will play a part with team selection. Currently the forecast is for showers in the morning so hopefully it clears by the game. You never know with the weather down here!

    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I think the reason no one started this thread sooner is because there is no real need for any changes. I'd love to see Dawson given a chance but am also happy to go in unchanged.

    The only other thing I'd like to see changed is the instructions to mark Hawks players one on one to stop their uncontested play.

    Reckon Reid will be given another week off and there will be no change. If Sinclair goes well again and we win then it will get interesting re Reid and team balance.

  9. #9
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    13,901
    There's no NEAFL game this week but given some of the opposition in recent weeks a intense training session would probably suffice in keeping the fringe players in form

  10. #10
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There's no NEAFL game this week but given some of the opposition in recent weeks a intense training session would probably suffice in keeping the fringe players in form
    Re 'intense training session' I was interested by Melican's response to a question about preparation for playing on forwards such as Nick Reiwoldt. As he said, he plays on Buddy - and Reid and Tippett - at training every week.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Re 'intense training session' I was interested by Melican's response to a question about preparation for playing on forwards such as Nick Reiwoldt. As he said, he plays on Buddy - and Reid and Tippett - at training every week.
    What a great apprenticeship!

  12. #12
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There's no NEAFL game this week but given some of the opposition in recent weeks a intense training session would probably suffice in keeping the fringe players in form
    I have often felt we really need a stronger comp for our reserves players than NEAFL standard. However, the performances of the guys moving up over the last year or so belie that.

    Maybe the Swans ressies coaching has improved dramatically; maybe the calibre and preparedness of recruits for firsts standard football is higher... I'm unsure.

    I do remain convinced that the NEAFL standards haven't improved.

    Any thoughts on this guys?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO