Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V Hawthorn

Not having met him and based on the favorable comments. I happily concede to those with a closer relationship. I will have to believe that my first impression was misplaced and perhaps caught him at a bad moment.

Veterans List
    Liz - I hope we don't have to wait very long at all, mere hours in fact, to see that last week wasn't a fluke. If he kicks more than Roughhead (and we win) I'll be very happy tonight.

At the last SCG Aftermatch Mitch Morton was the speaker - and he was very good. I was going down the escalator with Mitch and Cal ahead of me and asked "you just disappeared from the scene after the 2012 Grand Final Mitch?" and Cal interjected "That's AFL these days mate" - certainly suggesting a sense of reality and a sense of humour. The next day I walked into a Bondi coffee shop as Cal was walking out. He looked like someone who really didn't want to be recognised - not easy at that height.

And I remember he fell with the ball (or something like that) earlier this season and a team mate said it was like watching a giraffe trying to drink.

These are just glimpses but I got the impression of a level-headed young man who certainly wasn't full of himself and who was part of the team camaraderie.

Also, wasn't he quoted earlier this week as saying "I'm not the best player in the team so I just have to try as hard as I can"?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Have you ever met him?
    He was my redback sponsor child last year.
    He's a very lovely young man. He's respectful, decent and very funny.
    He is more suited to our structure than he is to the wet coke budgies.
    I always felt guilty about making Sinclair my whipping boy this year, as if anyone could come close to replacing Tom. The night I made that decision I knelt before my poster of Tom crying: "He's not worthy! He's not worthy!" And he's really not.

Have you taken a close look a Sinclair's hands lately. There's something different about them, but I can't put my finger on it.

slide_243936_1356524_free.jpg

Anyway, after that wonderful endorsement, Annie, I've struck him off the whipping boy list. I'll just have to do without one from now on. I blame Kinnear Beatson. He's just not selecting any losers. It would be nice if we could get Jesse White back at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Anyway, after that wonderful endorsement, Annie, I've struck him off the whipping boy list. I'll just have to do without one from now on. I blame Kinnear Beatson. He's just not selecting any losers. It would be nice if we could get Jesse White back at the Swans.
    Tippett?

No suprise that we are doing well when two of our lesser players in Sinclair and towers are both keen students of the game and prepared to work hard to improve.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No suprise that we are doing well when two of our lesser players in Sinclair and towers are both keen students of the game and prepared to work hard to improve.
    I was just looking at Deano's mark on the club site - courageous and impressive.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Have never watched an episode. No interest in it sorry. They've hatched n their coming home to roost. will win comfortably. Toughest game will be Adelaide at AO. Every other game I believe we should win. How's that for chickens, roosting, hatching or plucked or whatever.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    I have said it before, but is it time for a rotational ruck policy? There's barely a big bloke in the league that isn't injury prone these days, due to the workload they have to put their bodies through. Have Tippett, Naismith, and Sinclair managed one game out of three in the NEAFL, and throw Reid in that mix to keep him fresh, too.
    Ahemmmmm
    C'mon Chels!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789