Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 19 Hawthorn V Sydney. MCG. 19.50 pm.

Warming the Bench
    Stevic again - right on cue.

This is a crucial game for the swannies. We need to stop Whorethorn playing keepings off like they did last time. I hope the coaches have prepared for it.

Sinclair was crucial for us last week but more so this week. If he can have a repeat performance it will give the hawks defence a real headache. They can double-mark Buddy but can they double mark Buddy and Cal - I doubt it. Then it leaves Gary off the hook to run amok.

Lastly, we need to tag Burgoyne at the end of each quarter particularly if the game is close.

I'm quietly confident we will win.

Senior Player
    Agreed, they are well overdue for this type of treatment. Like that game against Geelong a couple years back at the SCG
    where we won by 80 or 100 or something.... if I had my way, Hawthorn wouldn't score at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    It's time we bombed this lot into oblivion with a downpour of goals. Go Bloods!

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Stevic again - right on cue.

This is a crucial game for the swannies. We need to stop Whorethorn playing keepings off like they did last time. I hope the coaches have prepared for it.

Sinclair was crucial for us last week but more so this week. If he can have a repeat performance it will give the hawks defence a real headache. They can double-mark Buddy but can they double mark Buddy and Cal - I doubt it. Then it leaves Gary off the hook to run amok.

Lastly, we need to tag Burgoyne at the end of each quarter particularly if the game is close.

I'm quietly confident we will win.
    I was hoping to enjoy watching tonight's game, now that Stevic is umpiring, there is little chance of that. No doubt Hawthorn will get twice the amount of free kicks that we get (as per the usual standard). My level of confidence in winning has just plummeted.

So nervous.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Swans by 21.

re: umpiring, surely there are stats out there showing +/- for teams per umpire?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I was hoping to enjoy watching tonight's game, now that Stevic is umpiring, there is little chance of that. No doubt Hawthorn will get twice the amount of free kicks that we get (as per the usual standard). My level of confidence in winning has just plummeted.
    The umpiring probably won't be great with the Stevic + Hawthorn combination, but as long as the boys are hard and fierce at the contest (and kick straight) we have a strong chance of winning.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Swans by 21.

re: umpiring, surely there are stats out there showing +/- for teams per umpire?
    Yes but I think you should avoid them for your own sanity.

Match Day Thread Rnd 19 Hawthorn V Sydney. MCG. 19.50 pm.

I love the lead-up to games. I have been giving the "go Swans!" and "go Bloods!" cry to every supporter I see - everyone is excited. I'll catch the No. 1 into the city and my son and I will count those on board who are decked out in our colours. There is no better way to the start the evening than traveling amongst the faithful. Go Bloods!

Josh Kennedy's 200th ga

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Kennedy's 200th game. I expect him to show Hawthorn what they missed and the rest of the team to show him how much he's appreciated. Swans by 40.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Lloyd out Robinson in.

What's wrong with Lloyd??
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lloyd out Robinson in.
    SIGH. At least we can replace him in the 22 this time; some comfort out of almost beating them when his absence left us with 21.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast