Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 19 Hawthorn V Sydney. MCG. 19.50 pm.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what planet does that freak Langford live on if he thinks it is respectful or acceptable to kiss a player who has almost 300 senior games on the clock?

Seems petty but for some reason this really riles me

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    watching Foote on the field last night prancing around trying to pretend he is an AFL footballer
    I am sure he is trying his best - like every other player on the ground. It is not like he has been playing in the senior team for the last month and is well-drilled on all that he is trying to do. In any case, he was not brought in to be a match winner. We have our share of those - they just didn't play very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but what planet does that freak Langford live on if he thinks it is respectful or acceptable to kiss a player who has almost 300 senior games on the clock?

Agree - that was the "twat of the game" moment. Obviously copying Hodge on Buddy from a couple of years ago, but he clearly doesn't recognise the difference in relationship between Hodge and Buddy / him and McVeigh.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    In the sober light of day I think it shows a lack of quality depth in our squad when two outs brings in players who a clearly not AFL standard. Remember that Hawks had at least 6 best 22 out, not including Gibson and Ceglar.

Whilst we've blooded a good number of players in the past two seasons, we are still under depthed. Brings it home when you realise you are hoping for perennial whipping boy Cunningham to make a recovery and play! Makes retaining McVeigh for 2018 a no brainer IMO.
    I think we have depth but the inclusion of Foote isn't using it

Veterans List

I was wondering why McVeigh reacted the way he did because it was very out of character. There are not many likeable players in that team.

Should be a free. If people want to talk pride games n equality, which I do, it's actually sexual harassment. It's not about respect it's just not on in any workplace in Australia.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I would be interested in an (objective) opinion from anyone who had a good view (or who watches replay carefully) of the over-the-head hand pass by Parker which was penalised as a throw.

Personally I think most handballs of that type are technically throws because the force of the action comes from the propulsion of the arms, not from the punch. But they have long been accepted as legitimate handballs. So why was this one penalised? (And I'm not looking for an umpire-conspiracy explanation.)
    There is no rational explanation. Hawk player did same later in game. Bulldogs must have executed at least half a dozen in GF. Was a momentum killer for us last night as was goal to Burgoyne from shocking htb decision against Kennedy. Not saying it's conspiracy but gee we are due for some luck against Hawks in a big game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Not last year and the year before that . Did we win the premiership against the Bulldogs or did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It is 2017 - most recent and most relevant data to go on

- - - Updated - - -

P
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    In the sober light of day I think it shows a lack of quality depth in our squad when two outs brings in players who a clearly not AFL standard. Remember that Hawks had at least 6 best 22 out, not including Gibson and Ceglar.

Whilst we've blooded a good number of players in the past two seasons, we are still under depthed. Brings it home when you realise you are hoping for perennial whipping boy Cunningham to make a recovery and play! Makes retaining McVeigh for 2018 a no brainer IMO.
    Goo post. Hawks seem to handle injuries better than us.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Oh yeah, sure, a @@@@ing masterclass. They won by one kick, ONE KICK! Clarkson is a good coach but he's not some footy god. They were lucky tonight (they always are against us sans 2012). Had we received a couple of cheap inside 50 frees like they did, or benefitted from one more 50/50 bounce of the ball, we'd all be happy and cheerful and eyeing off a premiership.

Hawthorn are good against us, I admit it, but they're @@@@ing lucky too. Longmire isn't to blame.
    Spot on BS. We are due some luck against them. Even a little bit would get us over the line. Reckon the 2 late changes to two crucial players plus Kennedy and Naismith injuries unsettled us. Lloyd missed almost all the game against them last time. Sets us up with run and good hit ups out of defence. We didn't have much of that last night.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    McVeigh and the MCG don't mix. For all the clever little handballs there are more missed tackles and run offs.

We can't win a flag with him in the team. The question is can we win a flag without him?
    Our most composed player

Very poor taste comments by Beveridge about Langford's behaviour. I would go so far to say Mclachlan should reprimand him.

"They might have relationship, (but) Jarrad is married, isn't he?" Beveridge said.

"Maybe Will has got a crush on Jarrad, (or) maybe it's just passion and he loves him, and just wanted to make a play.

"I'm sure Jarrad pushed him away, and I don't think Jarrad's wife would be too jealous.

"Will is a pretty good looking young man, isn't he?"

Swans' veteran unimpressed with Will Langford's decision to pucker up
    Smooching Hawk 'disrespectful', says angry McVeigh - M.afl.com.au

Seriously? Has Australia gotten so SJW that they can't even joke about it a ridiculous display? It was a punk move but all you can do is laught it off at the end of the day...I am sure Hodge will let him know that it was not a cool way to act...the players do police their own on that sort of thing...