Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 19 Hawthorn V Sydney. MCG. 19.50 pm.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    For what its worth. I have never seen Buddy play with so much anger, which had a detrimental effect on his own game. Not sure what his issue with Hodge was? Also injury to Joey with a mere 14 possessions. I am sure these events will not happen every time we play Hawthorn. Would not throw the baby out with the Bath water just yet.!!
    Agree. When I heard Lloyd was out I immediately said that is 30 possessions down the drain. Robinson and Foote are never good for that many stats between them and what they do have, are demonstrably less effective. When Kennedy was injured that was another 20 gone up in smoke. Gee we have been unlucky with injuries against Hawthorn this year.

Tribunal decision Hodge v Papley:

Hodge guilty

Yes Hodge struck Papley

Yes it was delivered with sufficient force

Yes it was careless

Hodge sits out this week. Worth a try I guess.

Veterans List
    Hodge is a sniper, always has been, glad he's getting pinged for it at last. Enjoy your last four, oops I mean last three games of AFL champ!

On the Doc Larkin injury update video on AFL site he says (and shows footage) that Blake Hardwick suffered delayed concussion from an incident in which Hardwick and Kieran Jack ran into each other in 1st quarter.

So it had nothing to do with the Heeney tackle. Mystery solved. I'm pleased, it has been nagging at me!

(Larkin also says he doesn't expect Kennedy to get up for Friday night - I hope he is wrong.)

Re Hodge's suspension following on from our match - I am mean enough to get a little satisfaction out of the fact that Hodge's retirement celebrations have been disrupted. I have been feeling renewed sadness about Adam Goodes as I've watched the acclaim firstly Hodge and now Nick Reiwoldt are getting since their retirement announcements. They will both get opposing teams lining up to clap them off the ground in their final matches and crowd applause plus a GF motorcade farewell.

I watched a couple of videos of highlights of Goodes' career last night - oh what a wonderful player he was. Nobody deserved a glorious retirement farewell more than Adam - and we know only too well that he left with quite the opposite from the wider AFL community.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Re Hodge's suspension following on from our match - I am mean enough to get a little satisfaction out of the fact that Hodge's retirement celebrations have been disrupted. I have been feeling renewed sadness about Adam Goodes as I've watched the acclaim firstly Hodge and now Nick Reiwoldt are getting since their retirement announcements. They will both get opposing teams lining up to clap them off the ground in their final matches and crowd applause plus a GF motorcade farewell.

I watched a couple of videos of highlights of Goodes' career last night - oh what a wonderful player he was. Nobody deserved a glorious retirement farewell more than Adam - and we know only too well that he left with quite the opposite from the wider AFL community.
    Yeah, good post. It's very sad, unjust. If Adam's career is formally recognised at a future grand final day, it will be due to his magnanimity.

Another defeat at the hands of the Lannisters the Hawks. We're slow learners, I'll grant you that.

Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    Another defeat at the hands of the Lannisters the Hawks. We're slow learners, I'll grant you that.
    House words: Hawthorn always pay their umpires.

Good one.
    You made me cry.
    Oh Goodesy.
    Thanks.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    House words: Hawthorn always pay their umpires.
    Let us hope Cersei Langford's lips weren't laced with poison.

Nobody deserved a glorious retirement farewell more than Adam - and we know only too well that he left with quite the opposite from the wider AFL community.
    I'll never forgive those creeps in the commission who sided with the mob. Adam was thrown to the wolves as a stark warning to players that dare, quite literally point out, racists in the crowd. Despicable doesn't begin to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    I'll never forgive those creeps in the commission who sided with the mob. Adam was thrown to the wolves as a stark warning to players that dare, quite literally point out, racists in the crowd. Despicable doesn't begin to describe it.
    Still makes me so incredibly angry. I hated football that year and most of the people that were involved in it, it was only because of the decency of our club and that magical day at the SCG against Adelaide that I didn't walk away altogether. I still cannot believe that our landlords let the hatred and bile of Alan Jones, an SCG Trustee FFS, towards Adam go totally unchecked, and guess who the Chairman of the SCG was doing the defending, yep Shephed who is the Chairman of the GWS Giants, Creep!

It was a stain on our nation and it saw me lose friendships I never wish to regain

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    It was a stain on our nation and it saw me lose friendships I never wish to regain
    .......and more power to you Mug.