Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    To counter the experience many have had on here, I sat behind 3-4 Hawks fans and had a really good natured banter running the whole game where each of us argued the merits of why free kicks were / weren't paid (Grundy running it OOB a few times in particular) & despite the tension of the game had a few laughs that took the sting out of the loss.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Wrong thread whoops

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    To counter the experience many have had on here, I sat behind 3-4 Hawks fans and had a really good natured banter running the whole game where each of us argued the merits of why free kicks were / weren't paid (Grundy running it OOB a few times in particular) & despite the tension of the game had a few laughs that took the sting out of the loss.
    Nice for you........sheese!!! We were @@@@ing robbed, but I'm glad you enjoyed it....

Warming the Bench
    foote robinson Sinclair can all go wherever they like not up to standard clear the list space for new kids

need back rohan reid tippet lloyd
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    You hit the lottery IF - finding the handful of nice wees and poos fans actually out there
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Let's hope Rohan, Lloyd, Reid are all fit to return that's Foote, Robinson, Sinkers taken care of. Think they need to spend the rest of the season in the NEAFL.

I think Smith's days are numbered but now may not be the time to replace him with poor Harry Marsh.

Hayward had little impact perhaps it really is time to give Dawson's Creek a run. Even more so if Josh Kennedy is hurt or sore.

Naismith struggled not only with injury but didn't have the tank to deal with McEvoy. Not sure Tippett will be any better but it might be time to give him a go again IF Naismith needs a spell. It's a shame we can't fit Reid, Tippo and Naismith into the same side.

I really hope Tippett has spent the last 2 months doing everything possible to improve his mobility. Any thoughts on that from NEAFL watchers?

Naismith is worth the time to develop his game, but right now he is far short of making a positive contribution to the team. He's a poor defender. He hasn't kicked a goal all year and he's injury prone. He's a decent enough tap ruckman, but not nearly enough to keep a spot in the side. He's a liability right now.

Sinclair is in a similar position in being a poor defender and not scoring enough. He can be an accurate kick for goal, but hasn't been so this year, and his marking, except for one week, has been terrible. I noticed that Longmire alluded to his inconsistency.

If Tippett's not up to the task of being our ruckman, then we should just go with some combination of Aliir, Towers, Reid and Parker. I think Shawn Edwards could be a possibility for a ruckman in the future. Hopefully Cameron can stay fit and take over next season.

I've been really disappointed in Robinson since he returned from injury. He was playing a lot better early in the season before his injury. I hope he can resume his progress for next year, but right now he's can't be considered for a spot in the seniors.

Longmire loves Hayward, and he is a very talented kid, but he's still a bit off AFL level at this point and should go back to the reserves unless we are really desperate with injuries.

Harry Marsh should be considered before any of Hayward, Florent, Robbo and Foote. It's hard to say if Cunningham can regain his pre-injury form after missing half the season, but if he can, he could challenge Towers for his spot in the side.

The main changes we need are getting Aliir into the side as a regular and giving Dawson a chance to show what he can do. He's got a good tank and does all the right things you want from a player. Good skills, tackles, and a 2 way runner. You can't be sure it will hold up at AFL level, but it certainly seems worth a try.

Melbourne boys club out in force already to try n get Dangerfield off. Every single day of the week that's atleast a week. Let's see what the MRP sees it this week????

Senior Player
    If we are potentially going to be without Buddy, Naismith, JPK, Reid, Lloyd, Rohan and maybe Sinclair, then maybe we should give the half fit players like Hanners, Smith and Jack a week off as well and improve our chances of having a fit side for the last few games; because we are going to have no hope of winning.

With 6 changes we have some reasonable replacements in Tippett, Aliir, Laidler, Dawson, Marsh and Rose. Still not a terrible team and one that might unearth a couple that are in senior form.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Melbourne boys club out in force already to try n get Dangerfield off. Every single day of the week that's atleast a week. Let's see what the MRP sees it this week????
    NO doubt he should go for that, but no doubt he will get off once the boys club has had their say. Plenty others suspended for the same sort of thing this season. But its the old 'don't deny him a chance at the brownlow' garbage we hear week in week out to get big names off the hook.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post

The Boys Club is very wide reaching and protects many a Victorian club player and official. Protected species are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    NO doubt he should go for that, but no doubt he will get off once the boys club has had their say. Plenty others suspended for the same sort of thing this season. But its the old 'don't deny him a chance at the brownlow' garbage we hear week in week out to get big names off the hook.
    It's definitely a week. watch the boys club go to work this week

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast