Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Sam Gilbert's 2 week suspension for the tackle that concussed Cam McCarthy didn't seem as bad to me as Dangerfield's. Gilbert continues the tackle on McCarthy in one motion and appeared almost accidental, but was a dangerous tackle of perhaps excessive force that caused a concussion. Dangerfield sling tackles Kreuzer and drives his head into the ground. Kreuzer was also concussed. Dangerfield's tackle seems more deliberate than Gilbert's. He'll get off for sure.

First we assess the injuries, then we look at what that means for team balance, then we consider changes based on that. That's how it will be and it's how it should be.

If they're good to go, and I would imagine that they will be, then Lloyd and Rohan will come back in for the guys who replaced them late (Foote and Robinson). Beyond that, it's a wait and see.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Hilarious listening to them on ch 7 trying to get Dangerfield off. Even trying to compare Burgoynes tackle on Reid. Ffs blind Freddy can see the difference. Reid didn't have his arms pinned kreuzer did. What a bunch of amateur clowns.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Melbourne boys club out in force already to try n get Dangerfield off. Every single day of the week that's atleast a week. Let's see what the MRP sees it this week????
    It depends who is on the match review panel. If it's the same people as last year who said that Tippett's head didn't hit the ground in the Mumford tackle then Dangerfield will get off.

you cant have hayward robinson foote all playing and we all know they arent going to get it more then 10 times
    hayward worth persisting with rotating with floreant the others are list cloggers

at least dawson alir even.laidler would get it more than those guys

alir makes it tall down there but they are all mobile even reg

foote is terrible and pathetic that a selection committee can say his name on a thursday night

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It depends who is on the match review panel. If it's the same people as last year who said that Tippett's head didn't hit the ground in the Mumford tackle then Dangerfield will get off.
    I don't believe it's who's in there I believe as Wayne Carey has said several times that they don't want the main stars out when it's an important part of the competition e.g finals, Brownlow etc

Senior Player
    Towers HAS to go.

And never come back.
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Towers HAS to go.

And never come back.
    Towers is the difference.

The positive of the loss was it highlights our weakenesses.

Towers is soft and needs to go. Reid replaces him.

Haywood will be good but he is young and I don't want to rely on him standing up in finals. Cunningham replaces him.

Foote and Robinson are stocking fillers. Depth players and that's all. Replaced by Lloyd and Rohan.

Sinclair or Naismith are fighting it out for one spot. Naismith has the edge just if fit. Sinclair replaced by Tippett.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Not much in that Dangerfield tackle imo. Even without the "top bloke" discount doubt he'll get rubbed out, he's pulled him down as part of the tackle not flung his face into the turf ala Mummy on Tippett.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The positive of the loss was it highlights our weakenesses.

Towers is soft and needs to go. Reid replaces him.

Haywood will be good but he is young and I don't want to rely on him standing up in finals. Cunningham replaces him.

Foote and Robinson are stocking fillers. Depth players and that's all. Replaced by Lloyd and Rohan.

Sinclair or Naismith are fighting it out for one spot. Naismith has the edge just if fit. Sinclair replaced by Tippett.

We need to be careful not to wipe players out after one loss. Adelaide just fell into a draw with Collingwood. Towers has been good for a number of weeks. Rohan and Lloyd will come in and Reid if he is fit. Kennedy should miss if there is any doubt about his leg. Will be a difficult selection night this week. I think Naismith should be persevered with but he too was sore during the game. Tippett may get a chance this week but his body is always a big risk.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Melbourne boys club out in force already to try n get Dangerfield off. Every single day of the week that's atleast a week. Let's see what the MRP sees it this week????
    I'd be very disappointed if we lost a player for that tackle.

Someone said JPK is out for 3 weeks - has that been confirmed?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast