Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Longmire: Kennedy's hamstring has pulled up better than expected but are not sure if he will play this week. We will see how it pans out.
    Longmire: Rohan, Reid and Lloyd we will monitor this week and see how they train.
    Longmire on Tippett: he is a chance. He's moving quite well. A bit relies on Reid, Naismith and how the team looks like.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Towers has been good for a number of weeks.
    No. No he hasn't. The deer in headlights act has been going on for far too long. He has frustratingly poor fundamentals, where the 50 he gave away was a schoolboy error. Pathetic, at best.
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I actually hate the fact that players grab arms - I would like a rule change that mitigated its use (i.e. only when a fend off is used), so that a player is not deemed to be HTB if applied. There are way too many free kicks paid to players without prior opportunity trying to dispose of the ball with an arm held.

I appreciate that a fine line exists here, but I don't think Dangerfield transgressed, other than holding on too long once the ball was out (should have been a free kick to Carlton).

We do seem to be carrying a lot of players not able to play the game they want at the moment - tricky time for the selectors. I hope they only choose those who are fully fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The rules are administered in such a way that it encourages players to be taken to the ground with their arms pinned because it results in free kicks. There is a fine line between just getting a free kick and concussing a player. I don't think the original intention of the game was to give so much importance to tackling , more to encourage the release of the ball so that play flowed.The fact that often the tackler is the one holding the ball in and slowing the game down with no fear of being free kicked just makes the situation worse. It was never intended to be this way.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    a bit harsh to include Hayward with the other two, the ball was hardly seen in our forward 50.
    Well there must've been a lot of play in the centre square ad we only lost by a kick and had only 6 less forward 50 entries than Whorethorn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I reckon the coaches see some weakness in him that he needs to be working on. As with Mitchell, and his poor defence at the time.
    Must admit I have trouble seeing Dawson's problem, but far more experienced eyes than mine are doing the analysis.
    So long as he doesn't leave like Mitchell (& Membry and anyone else starved of opportunities)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No surprise but Kennedy, Rohan, Naismith & Sinclair didn't train today, Lloyd & Reid ran strongly & did some kicking. Wed session huge @AFL

At least it's looking promising for Lloyd and Reid. So even if they are the only 2 that come up we could make 5 changes:

Out: Kennedy, Naismith, Sinclair, Robinson, Foote
    In: Lloyd, Reid, Tippett, Allir, Dawson

Kennedy is the only one I'd miss, to be honest. If JPK or Rohan come up, I'd drop Hayward.

Now is not the time for players to be getting injured.
    FML.
    I'm calling it early.
    Gooooooooooooooooooone.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Chance there will be several changes this week. I think Tippett is a reasonable chance. Might be time to give Naismith a spell.

I'd like:

Rohan, Lloyd, Reid, Tippett, Aliir

for

Foote, Robinson, Sinclair, Naismith, Newman.
    I am dumbfounded why there is a dislike for Newman? He may have butchered the ball a few times but it is usually when under pressure. Am I the only one who thought that run down and tackles on Whitecross was outstanding, with only 40 seconds to go? He kick was poor, but it was a risk and he had little time to think about it, just had to move the ball quickly.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Gooooooooooooooooooon.
    I know, we all feel drowning our sorrows in a quality drop.
    21187.jpg
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm calling it early. Gooooooooooooooooooone.
    I agree. I'll be surprised if we win another game.....but the boys do surprise me occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I know, we all feel drowning our sorrows in a quality drop.
    21187.jpg
    Top shelf.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I agree. I'll be surprised if we win another game.....but the boys do surprise me occasionally.
    You expect we'll lose to Freo and Carlton at the SCG?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast