Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    ANYONE can beat us on a good day (good day for them; bad day for us).

It's that time of the year when teams like Collingwood, who can't make it to the finals, will have a red-hot shot at a team who have a better chance of playing finals.
    They've got nothing to lose.
    and Carlton have already beaten us once this season.....

Veterans List
    Agree that Buddy has to control himself. Not only because he could get suspended but when he gives away frees during the game it costs us.

I noticed that Hodge got a week for punching Papley in the stomach. I remember seeing Papley on the ground hunched over. Where was the free?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    and Carlton have already beaten us once this season.....
    I wouldn't be so quick to write off our chances against them. The Giants had already beaten us once this season, at home. Look what happened when we played them on their turf. We won.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I really dislike it, from any club but particularly from the Swans.
    I was starting to wonder at the weekend whether a hardness at the man had replaced a hardness at the ball. I have no problem when our players respond to an opponent's aggression, but I am not sure we need to be targeting anyone just for the sake of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I noticed that Hodge got a week for punching Papley in the stomach. I remember seeing Papley on the ground hunched over. Where was the free?
    They don't seem to pay those in a game. It seems like the AFL are trying to stamp it out through the MRP rather than through match-day umpiring.

During the broadcast I also heard the umpire exclaim, "it's not against the rules, but cut it out, okay!" This was just after the second Langford kiss. I wasn't sure if it was related to that or not, but there are things in the game that umpires seem reticent to act on that are later deemed to be transgressions.

I find it interesting also that Barry Hall said he should not have played in the 2005 GF for his body strike in the PF. It would have just been a $1500 fine had it happened today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    a bit harsh to include H3ayward with the other two, the ball was hardly seen in our forward 50.
    more than happy to rotate persist with Hayward but my point was we cant carry too many guys that arent going to get their hands on it especially when we have others in the 2s that would give a better showing

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hodge was suspended because it was his third fine in this season

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hodge was suspended because it was his third fine in this season
    Buddy will be in the same position if he gets another fine this season as well, as will Dusty Martin and Trent Cotchin.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I am dumbfounded why there is a dislike for Newman? He may have butchered the ball a few times but it is usually when under pressure. Am I the only one who thought that run down and tackles on Whitecross was outstanding, with only 40 seconds to go? He kick was poor, but it was a risk and he had little time to think about it, just had to move the ball quickly.
    I agree, Newman was fine.... and talking about butchering the ball, Heeney (and I love him), twice in the last quarter, under no more pressure than "I'm in the open, I can't @@@@@@ this up!", did exactly that, straight to the opposition. It was infuriating! We ain't gonna drop him........

Our problem against the Hawks was that Sinclair's contested mark in the first 2 minutes was our last of the game. Our big men need to do more in this department.

Geelong I think play a bit differently - who do they have out? If Smith is playing for them then we need someone who can compete against him in a marking contest, and that isn't Naismith. We desperately need Reid back, or Tippett (if he can give us his best).

A huge percentage of the Hawks contested marks was when they had two or three on our one

We can learn from this but we have not so far against the Hawks

Let's see our tactics against the cats

Veterans List
    Dangerfield out, not appealing. Evens up the missing and potentially missing players.

Hodge is appealing his strike on Papley. Hope he gets suspended, been a sniper for a long time now, as indicated by two previous fines this season before this latest hit.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast