Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dangerfield out, not appealing. Evens up the missing and potentially missing players.

Hodge is appealing his strike on Papley. Hope he gets suspended, been a sniper for a long time now, as indicated by two previous fines this season before this latest hit.
    Must admit that the strike on Papley looks like nothing. I don't have an issue with them cracking down on punches to the stomach but I do think, in this case, the contact was trivial.

Senior Player
    Surprised Danger didn't appeal. But then Geelong play Richmond after us, and that won't be a walk in the park for them either.
    Chris Scott did say something on 360 last night about Danger having a bit of a sore foot, and a week off would give him a chance
    to rest it. Maybe that came into consideration. It's good for us. They are way less of a team without him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Must admit that the strike on Papley looks like nothing. I don't have an issue with them cracking down on punches to the stomach but I do think, in this case, the contact was trivial.
    In this one case yes it was, but given his priors this year already. Bad luck for him

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    In this one case yes it was, but given his priors this year already. Bad luck for him
    But I don't think this one even warranted a fine (which then takes him up to a match, based on his priors). If that contact was reportable, half the players in the competition would be paying fines weekly, and sitting out matches on a regular basis.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree, Newman was fine.... and talking about butchering the ball, Heeney (and I love him), twice in the last quarter, under no more pressure than "I'm in the open, I can't @@@@@@ this up!", did exactly that, straight to the opposition. It was infuriating! We ain't gonna drop him........
    At this stage I am prepared to forgive Heeney. He has admitted at times he has not felt 100% after his Glandular fever bout earlier this year. IF he can recover to 100% next year, we may seen someone really special.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I was starting to wonder at the weekend whether a hardness at the man had replaced a hardness at the ball. I have no problem when our players respond to an opponent's aggression, but I am not sure we need to be targeting anyone just for the sake of it.
    If I had one dollar for every time I've screamed PLAY THE BALL AND NOT THE MAN... I'd be a billionaire.
    Far too many times I've seen the player trying to unnecessarily try to shepherd the opposition player, instead of picking up the freaking ball which is sitting idly on the ground.
    This is how you lose games.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Good article by 'Offsiders' Richard Hinds on the 'good bloke' fear we all had on Dangerfield's potential for suspension here : Matthew Kreuzer's possible concussion more concerning than Patrick Dangerfield's Brownlow hopes - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) ......with one very relevant sub heading, 'Even good blokes sometimes must cop a ban'. No one seemed to care about Kreuzer and how his head and brain were fairing...... That's the Melbourne press for you.....good to see at least one had a clear mind.

That bloody idle good for nothin sherrin , don't be idle, do something!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Perhaps that is why Hodge is challenging it at the Tribunal. He has the right, why not use it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Surprised Danger didn't appeal. But then Geelong play Richmond after us, and that won't be a walk in the park for them either.
    Chris Scott did say something on 360 last night about Danger having a bit of a sore foot, and a week off would give him a chance
    to rest it. Maybe that came into consideration. It's good for us. They are way less of a team without him.
    Who will we be without?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Trivial Liz, but deliberate and off the ball. Genuine sniper his whole career. Given his talent I don't get why he does It.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Trivial Liz, but deliberate and off the ball. Genuine sniper his whole career. Given his talent I don't get why he does It.
    Maybe because he is not the 'great bloke' he has somehow tricked everyone into thinking he is.......

Veterans List
    Did he not get reported 3 times for snapping Kirky because he couldn't handle the tag.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast