Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Rnd 20 V Geelong

Basically anyone who can only get into the team by b****** Longmire!!

Foote - no way can he play! He is not even staring in the NEAFL; how does he get a game??
    One passage of play, in the clear and missing Buddy (was it?) by a country mile.

Haywood - another one who barely get a possession. Maybe in the future he will be good, but he does not have the muscles of an AFL
    footballer and get pushed aside like a dead leaf

Smith - has being good the last few weeks, but when up against speedy forward can't run with them

Jones - where was the run and carry, is he injury??? There was no speed or rebound off the back line

Kennedy and Hannas???? Their output has being way down all year. Do we rest them?

The worst part is we have players who are ripping up the NEAFL but do not get a game; but we can't drop senior players no matter how bad their form is.

We will get smash by Geelong and Adelaide if we do not make changes.

Bring in Dawson, AA, Edwards, anyone who will have a crack.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 30th July 2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: rule 4
    doof-doof

Senior Player
    Chance there will be several changes this week. I think Tippett is a reasonable chance. Might be time to give Naismith a spell.

I'd like:

Rohan, Lloyd, Reid, Tippett, Aliir

for

Foote, Robinson, Sinclair, Naismith, Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Chance there will be several changes this week. I think Tippett is a reasonable chance. Might be time to give Naismith a spell.

I'd like:

for

Reg Rampe Melican Aliir is a tall backline

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

I'd like:

for

I am dumbfounded why there is a dislike for Newman? He may have butchered the ball a few times but it is usually when under pressure. Am I the only one who thought that run down and tackles on Whitecross was outstanding, with only 40 seconds to go? He kick was poor, but it was a risk and he had little time to think about it, just had to move the ball quickly.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I am dumbfounded why there is a dislike for Newman? He may have butchered the ball a few times but it is usually when under pressure. Am I the only one who thought that run down and tackles on Whitecross was outstanding, with only 40 seconds to go? He kick was poor, but it was a risk and he had little time to think about it, just had to move the ball quickly.
    I was worried about Newman when I watched him before the game in the pre pre game warm up. He was with Hayward in front of me and they were kicking the ball to each other. Newman dropped a mark, fumbled the ball, his kick missed Hayward and he just seemed disinterested. He did have headphones on so he might have been listening to a really good song ????.

The last couple of weeks I've noticed his disposal has been off.

I agree with you the run down was great. The subsequent kick was the right option as there wasn't much time left.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I agree, Newman was fine.... and talking about butchering the ball, Heeney (and I love him), twice in the last quarter, under no more pressure than "I'm in the open, I can't @@@@@@ this up!", did exactly that, straight to the opposition. It was infuriating! We ain't gonna drop him........

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree, Newman was fine.... and talking about butchering the ball, Heeney (and I love him), twice in the last quarter, under no more pressure than "I'm in the open, I can't @@@@@@ this up!", did exactly that, straight to the opposition. It was infuriating! We ain't gonna drop him........
    At this stage I am prepared to forgive Heeney. He has admitted at times he has not felt 100% after his Glandular fever bout earlier this year. IF he can recover to 100% next year, we may seen someone really special.

I'd like:

for

Naismith looks to be injured anyway. Longmire said Kennedy was still sore on Tuesday so I can't see him making a miracle recovery by Friday. Sinclair has an ankle issue. Reid looks to be recovered. Tippett was pretty good in the reserves two weeks ago but he would have to play out of his skin if he gets a go.

I wish Sam Murray was on the main list as then he could just come in for Smithy when playing teams with super fast forwards. Sam not only keeps his opponents mostly goalless but also runs off them and creates. He reminds me of Ross Gibbs, Bryce Gobbs' father. If you get a chance have a look at the 1985-6 Glenelg premierships for reference.

Jordan Dawson has done everything except bribe the coach for a game. I don't know what more he has to do. Last week we played Jordan Foote, Jordan Dawson didn't even get on the emergency list and yet he just came off 3 BOG and is leading the NEAFL Most Valuable Player Award (sort of the NEAFL Brownlow), got a game and I cringed. I was angry Dawson had been overlooked again even though his game would have been suited to the Hawks style and he could have broken them up. He could also have taken Kennedy's place after he was injured but the selection committee picked otherwise. I am astounded at some of the decisions of the selection committee this year. I would have thought Hayward would not have been suited last week. Sure Hawks have a young backline but nearly all those players have had at least two years VFL and are built like brick @@@@-houses. Not only that Hayward seems to draw a more experienced player for some reason.

I don't care what anyone says Naismith provides precise tap work and an advantage for our mids. Tippett if he comes in will have to provide that same advantage. He can't just get 8-15 HO. If he does that we are cactus. Although Tippett is no sure thing as Sinclair only rolled his ankle.

I have long campaigned against using players who are not 100% fit. Last week we did that by withdrawing Rohan and Lloyd. Unfortunately our selection committee did not think far enough ahead to choose Dawson on the emergency list. I am hoping that any player who is experiencing even the smallest injury worry will not play this week but that our selection committee actually pick the best players for the occasion, even the emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I wish Sam Murray was on the main list as then he could just come in for Smithy when playing teams with super fast forwards. Sam not only keeps his opponents mostly goalless but also runs off them and creates. He reminds me of Ross Gibbs, Bryce Gobbs' father. If you get a chance have a look at the 1985-6 Glenelg premierships for reference.
    I think Sam Murray has made tremendous progress since first arriving at the club and I hope it continues, because, as you say, he's got real line breaking pace. But he's nowhere in the same league as Nick Smith, who has never had a problem covering speedy forwards. He's done a fantastic job on both Cyril and Eddie Betts. And Nick is by no means slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Sam Murray has made tremendous progress since first arriving at the club and I hope it continues, because, as you say, he's got real line breaking pace. But he's nowhere in the same league as Nick Smith, who has never had a problem covering speedy forwards. He's done a fantastic job on both Cyril and Eddie Betts. And Nick is by no means slow.
    He's done a great job on both Cyril and Eddie last year. His form this year has been ordinary at best and downright disturbing at worst. He has had a few good games but very few this year. Even Nick admits that in an interview he did several weeks ago. Last week he was very ordinary and coughed up plenty of goals. He can't continue to bleed goals if we are to even consider being a force in the finals. This year is the first time I have seen Smithy get flogged to the tune of a 5 goal drubbing and he did it three times in the first 6 matches. he's certainly improved since then but I am worried that his form against the better sides is very poor indeed.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Way too early to predict anything until we hear the status of Lloyd Rohan Kennedy Naismith Tippett and Reid

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Way too early to predict anything until we hear the status of Lloyd Rohan Kennedy Naismith Tippett and Reid
    Don't agree.

If Foote plays another senior game I'll switch to soccer! Does not have the awareness, decision making or skills to be an AFL footballer, best to cut the ridiculous experiment right now.

Robbo, is almost in the same category, doesn't look to be AFL standard, should only be used in an ABSOLUTE emergency.

In the space of two hours game time we've gone from flag contender to chumps and a lot of it is to do with selections. How, how, how was Dawson not in the emergencies, or Aliir. We know Aliir is AFL standard and Dawson appears to be but Foote and Robinson never will be.

Yes, I'm fuming right now as I was when I saw the emergencies list and it's come back to bite us BIG time.

We just don't get any luck against Hawthorn, lost the very important Lloyd at the start of the game last time and before the game this time, Lost Reid before half time first game, scored Stevic tonight but the emergency list was the BIG failure once Lloyd and Rohan went out.

Fuming, quietly fuming, need a scotch or three right now, fuming, fuming........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Reg Rampe Melican Aliir is a tall backline
    Rampe is not a tall, he's a 188cm running defender who we choose to sometimes play on talls.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast