Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 19: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ 'Gabba

Senior Player
    Or, perhaps, his knee is bothering him more than the club are letting on..

Opti-pessi-misti
    Yes, Aliir's seeming dramatic drop off in form, as in comparing his amazing seniors' games last year with his one and only this year, where he was all at sea, could simply be injury related but he is certainly not playing with the same confidence, enthusiasm or class this year as he was at this time last year. I would hate to think that we have seen the best of him and he remains in the reserves for the rest of his time with the Swans.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best players: J. Rose, D. Robinson, J. Dawson, J. Foote, H. Cunningham

What a terrible game for our defenders. Probably the worst game Aliir has played in 3 years. Talia sealed his delisting. No need to go on with the others. They were all bad.

The only positive was the continued good form of Rose.

It was interesting that we used our midfielders to go up against 2 very tall ruckmen. Mostly Dawson and Edwards at times. Then we played Aliir in the ruck in 2nd half. We were beaten badly at the stoppages all game, but clearly the coaches were experimenting with idea of playing without a ruckman, because we did have Liam Maze, who could have rucked. Toby Pink also rucked a bit and was okay.

Senior Player
    Something must have been wrong with Maze because he could not jump.Aliir was, after a couple of attempts late in the game, to neutralize the smashing we were getting in the ruck.Overall, Brisbane had a side with a lot of senior experience, height and top Academy players. A good test of our players and the make up of our list.
    Rose clearly our form player atm.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Perhaps 2017 Aliir has a motivation problem due to never getting a game in the AFL?
    If that is his problem he'll never make it. Look at all the other past and current players who deserved to be playing seniors but didn't get a game. The fact is, if he was good enough he'd be getting a game. His early poor form could be put down to his limited pre season but not it's probably confidence or enthusiasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Rose had a good game. For anyone who saw the game, has he improved his commitment to play for the team as opposite to being selfish at times?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The game was played at a pace above most NEAFL games I've watched - good experience for the long term.
    Yet with all the mistakes I think what really finished us was inaccurate goal kicking.
    Last edited by dimelb; 6th August 2017 at 12:49 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    If that is his problem he'll never make it. Look at all the other past and current players who deserved to be playing seniors but didn't get a game. The fact is, if he was good enough he'd be getting a game. His early poor form could be put down to his limited pre season but not it's probably confidence or enthusiasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Rose had a good game. For anyone who saw the game, has he improved his commitment to play for the team as opposite to being selfish at times?
    Rose played a good team game.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The game was played at a pace above most NEAFL games I've watched - good experience for the long term.
    Yet with all the mistakes I think what really finished us was inaccurate goal kicking.
    Did the topples struggle? How did Jake Brown go?

Senior Player
    Toppies were probably the difference. The Brian's academy prospects look very good.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Did Cunningham do enough for a recall to the seniors?
    I'm not sure who he would replace, maybe Towers, but he is a pretty strong 23rd. I'm guessing Ludwig would put him in for Tippo ;-P
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Did Cunningham do enough for a recall to the seniors?
    I'm not sure who he would replace, maybe Towers, but he is a pretty strong 23rd. I'm guessing Ludwig would put him in for Tippo ;-P
    Unchanged this week unless Kennedy is FULLY fit, if not give him another week.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast