Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 20. Geelong V Sydney. Simonds Stadium 19.50 pm.

A horror night at the Cattery .....
    Good one liner Eddie.

Senior Player
    So do we cheer for Richmond and GWS to keep those behind us at bay or for Hawthorn and Melbourne and strike for top 4?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Magnificent Bloods!!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The first quarter was a pleasure to watch; after that Geelong were toiling uphill all night. But I can't remember when I last saw a game we won accompanied by so many grumbles from me. We did enough in Q2 and Q3 to keep a good hold on the game, but the fumbling, the slipped tackles, the kick-it-toanywhere and the lets-stand-in-clumps irritated the life out of me. Then the early goals in Q4 put the game right out of Geelong's reach and we sailed home comfortably, did our percentage some good and managed not to have anyone off injured.

Roll on Freo with a seven day turnaround and at home.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Sort of ironic, that Selwood got a game ending ankle injury, from a tackle that was allegedly too high.
    Yep. Utterly delicious that Selwood doing his usual drop and duck garbage caused the injury. Had he actually stood up, rather than staging for the free kick, his game ending ankle injury wouldn't have happened. Mind you, blame years of crap umpiring for encouraging his crap behaviour. But it seems maybe there is a football god.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    So do we cheer for Richmond and GWS to keep those behind us at bay or for Hawthorn and Melbourne and strike for top 4?
    I want Hawthorn to miss finals this year. They are the team I fear the most. Clarkson can consistently execute the right gameplan against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yep. Utterly delicious that Selwood doing his usual drop and duck garbage caused the injury. Had he actually stood up, rather than staging for the free kick, his game ending ankle injury wouldn't have happened. Mind you, blame years of crap umpiring for encouraging his crap behaviour. But it seems maybe there is a football god.
    His ducking had nothing to do with his injury. He did it jumping for a contested ball.

The result didn't surprise me one bit

We cheer for GWS and Adelaide this week. Richmond and Port are in our range.

Regular in the Side
    Second trip to the cattery and first win. Loving it. And well done to the two groups of rednwhites who kept reminding the silenced Geelong crowd who was on top. Great night swans!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

I want Melbourne to beat Giants (by a point) and Hawks to beat Tigers. Hawks can slip up another weekend. If Adelaide thrash Port that would be handy too

We cheer for Sydney n let the other results take care of themselves.