Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 20. Geelong V Sydney. Simonds Stadium 19.50 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    and he was.
    Yep, a bloody beauty. He's worked into the season very well. Really wants it. Set for his best finals yet, should we make it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yep, a bloody beauty. He's worked into the season very well. Really wants it. Set for his best finals yet, should we make it.
    Yep he is working into the season nicely. If we are to get anywhere near winning the flag, in particular performing as we should on the biggest day of the season (no one can argue in 2014 and 2016 we were not near our best) if we make it, we need players like Parker to take it to the next level. Thought he was really, really solid tonight.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    How important was it to have Lloyd, Reid and Rohan back? We looked a different side.

I know Buddy has had a couple of quiet games, but to be fair this week he was on Lonergan who always plays well against him even when he was at the Hawks. It actually annoyed me when the commentators were going on and on about Buddy. We were clearly in front and other players had stepped up which is what we want. We don't want to be reliant on him.

Really liked Jack's game. He seemed to move really well and gave us some zip. Parker and Hanners also stepped up in Kennedy's absence. And of course can't forget McVeigh.

Papley must really get under the opposition skin because they keep wanting to punch him!

Cal Sinclair's last couple of months, including time in the twos, have been really good. I admit he was down against the Hawks but if all our team played with his determination and heart and 100% effort we'd never lose. He is a true blood.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    Second trip to the cattery and first win. Loving it. And well done to the two groups of rednwhites who kept reminding the silenced Geelong crowd who was on top. Great night swans!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2 in a row for me.
    But I fear we won't be invited back.
    Top night, and sparkling footy by our boys. Great energy across all 4 quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Cal Sinclair's last couple of months, including time in the twos, have been really good. I admit he was down against the Hawks but if all our team played with his determination and heart and 100% effort we'd never lose. He is a true blood.
    Yep I thought he had a real crack again tonight - and I didn't think Tippo was awful either. Sinclair's attitude has always been top notch since coming to the Swans. He is far from the most gifted footballer going around, but his heart and determination is right up there. Has a crack every time, even when he has a bad game like he did last week.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    No, as I said, you are wrong (I will resist capitalising, even though it apparently makes comments more correct). Significant commentary was devoted to the fact that it was an outside ankle injury the first time, but a different, inside ankle injury the second time. As you said, "If you're going to be critical get your facts right."
    Are you seriously making an issue of this? I know you love attacking me but at least make your allegations realistic.

Your exact original wording was; "Utterly delicious that Selwood doing his usual drop and duck garbage caused the injury ". His "dropping and ducking" was not the cause of his injury. The injury occurred when he jumped for a ball and twisted his ankle on a teammates foot.

Even dejavoodoo44 admitted "First one was jumping onto his own player's foot. The second one, which ended his night, was in the Franklin tackle."

Fair dinkum. If you are representitive of Swan supporters our opponents are justifies in their criticism of us.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 5th August 2017 at 01:09 AM.

Attachment 2017 Stats here....

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Are you seriously making an issue of this? I know you love attacking me but at least make you allegations realistic.

Your exact original wording was; "Utterly delicious that Selwood doing his usual drop and duck garbage caused the injury ". His "dropping and ducking" was not the cause of his injury. The injury occurred when he jumped for a ball and twisted his ankle on a teammates foot.

Fair dinkum. If you are representitive of Swan supporters our opponents are justifies in their criticism of us.
    Incredible.

Lose to the Hawks by 6 points ... first loss since Round 6 ... many on RWO turn on the players & coaches.

Beat the Cats by nearly 8 goals ... RWO turn on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Incredible.

Lose to the Hawks by 6 points ... first loss since Round 6 ... many on RWO turn on the players & coaches.

Beat the Cats by nearly 8 goals ... RWO turn on each other.

So who are you directing this criticism towards? Me or V&R? If it's me, you might want to check who initiated this.

Unfortunately there are certain posters who get personal when it comes to the posting of particular individuals.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 5th August 2017 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hayward really excites me.

He's an exciting kid. Have you noticed just how excited he gets every time we kick a goal. Will seems to live it big time. That mark he took tonight was just sensational. I don't have a clue if people understand just how hard what he did is?

By the way the umpiring was mixed tonight. Down one end it was good but on Nichols end it was toxic.

We can still be better than we are.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    You are wrong. That was the first incident, when he got tangled up with Zack Smith. He got strapped up after that one and came back on. I'm talking about the next incident, when he was tackled by Buddy and got his ankle snagged because he was sloping down and staging for a free kick rather than doing anything positive - as per normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    So who are you directing this criticism towards? Me or V&R? If it's me, you might want to check who initiated this.
    Seriously, what are you on about? My initial comment was a response to a post by dejavoodoo44, not you. You chose to take issue with it. You initiated the exchange with me. What on earth are you talking about when you say "I know you love attacking me but at least make your allegations realistic."?
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form