Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 20. Geelong V Sydney. Simonds Stadium 19.50 pm.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We go tall and it rains. #brave
    It's 15% chance of rain until 10pm then 55%. Then again I recall Richo giving us a complete hiding in pouring rain at the SCG once - one of the most miserable afternoons of my life.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Everyone bangs on re Danger. Hell, like the loss of Kennedy is irrelevant. We will soooooo miss him in the middle

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    No changes eithet side.
    They haven't finished their warm-up yet...

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Everyone bangs on re Danger. Hell, like the loss of Kennedy is irrelevant. We will soooooo miss him in the middle
    He remains one of the more under-rated players in the competition. Agree that we'll miss him hugely. Maybe we have others more capable of stepping up in his absence than the Cats do to cover Dangerfield. (I'm trying to convince myself - not wholly successfully - as I type this.)

Parker has a pretty good record against Geelong. We'll need him to be close to his best tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Don't know if I'm making things up but I have an image in my head of Lloyd in a long sleeve top.
    That's funny - I have the image of Buddy in the long sleeve top - it might just be the warm-up attire they wear, but I can't shake it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    cold and wet - I hope they've brought long studs for their boots.

Do the Swans have a long sleeved guernsey - don't think I've ever seen one.

Good luck tonight boys; no cute stuff. Just play footy.
    I presume you mean a recent one as the ones mentioned so far are older players (& BTW Robbie AhMatt & Stuart Maxfield also did). But ...
    IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2378.JPG
    2016 R13

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I have a vague recollection of Goodsey occasionally donning the long-sleeved jumper in a few games (early in his career). Does anyone else recall that? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Edit: Seems like I'm not delusional. Managed to find a picture

adam goodes 1999 - Bing images
    Yes. That was in his first couple of years from memory.

If it is going to rain perhaps a couple of players need to bring back the glove on one hand. I saw one last week (can't recall which match). Goodes and later Pyke wore one on occasion. I know they have tightened the rules but there is an approved version.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They haven't finished their warm-up yet...
    Yeah, there is a little proviso that will hang over the last hour before a game for a while.

Very anxious about this game. There were stages in the Richmond and Essendon games where I started to work at dealing with the season being lost; i.e. on the bright side, I could get more reading done and be a more attentive partner on a Friday/Saturday night! While we have always maintained a mathematical chance and a run which logically could occur did, I have still had a feeling that we would still trip up at some point. The margin for error was so thin.

Now it feels like it comes down to this game. Win it, and it feels like we will make it after all. We will just need to win those very winnable home games and you would expect us to have the confidence to do so. Lose it, and we are faced needing to win those and in Adelaide. The tension of the season could be relieved tonight.

Kennedy is a massive loss for such an important game. I think bigger than Dangerfield, who we have contained in the past. They will be wanting to prove they can win without him. We have struggled without our leaders or with our leaders underperforming this year. I can envisage a scenario where we are too thin around the contest and too cumbersome around the forward line.

I shouldn't be so bloody pessimistic. Come on.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It's 15% chance of rain until 10pm then 55%. Then again I recall Richo giving us a complete hiding in pouring rain at the SCG once - one of the most miserable afternoons of my life.
    Richo kicked 7 straight or 7.1...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So funny the Swans being so obliging to the media with BT absent. Hanners and Kieren talking amiably pregame ( albeit almost total cliche) with Richo and Hamish." It's the way agreements are going". Relieved the otherwise nauseating commentary.

Having seen the Guardian cheering BT's absence I thought I'd give ch 7 audio a go... Sure I'll be back to the ABC before half

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast