Thread: 1st Qtr thoughts

1st Qtr thoughts

We aren't playing too badly when we have the ball, but without it, we are getting murdered by the speed with which the Roos are moving the ball through the midfield resulting in plenty of space in their forward line. Towards the end of the quarter, when we started to control more of the possession, we looked pretty good. Now we just need to control things for another three quarters!

Bevan and Hall have been our best in the first quarter for me, but the big positives have been Saddington getting a couple of goals, and Doyle providing a good contest in the ruck in the latter part of the quarter.

On a separate note, the Ch 9 producer for this game should be sacked; ground level shots when the ball is being moved on, close ups when you want to be able to see who the pass is going to, the list goes on. ARGH, coverage like this makes me wish I was at the game!!!!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Senior Player
    Yeah Mike_B - agree with most of what you said - especially about ch 9.

Doyle has given us a lift in the middle and Hall is killing them - may it continue.

Bevan is looking good too, he is very gutsy. Saddo may play himself into some form.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Re: 1st Qtr thoughts

Originally posted by Mike_B
    On a separate note, the Ch 9 producer for this game should be sacked; ground level shots when the ball is being moved on, close ups when you want to be able to see who the pass is going to, the list goes on. ARGH, coverage like this makes me wish I was at the game!!!!
    And they missed Bevan's goal! What knobs.
    We have done well to get ourselves back into it, and again, some shocking umpiring decisions, the no-call on the throw and Schneider's mark in front of goal not paid.

Re: Re: 1st Qtr thoughts

Originally posted by ugg
    And they missed Bevan's goal! What knobs.
    We have done well to get ourselves back into it, and again, some shocking umpiring decisions, the no-call on the throw and Schneider's mark in front of goal not paid.
    The throw for me was the poor one, it was such an obvious error...Schneider's mark/no mark, well, at least there the umpire called it off the boot, so Schneider knew he had to play on.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    I keep finding myself correcting the commentators when they call our players the wrong name. Dermie is a pain in the ass - and dumb.

Senior Player
    Goodesy's goal was GOTY at this stage I reckon.

1 free kick at half time - doesn't happen too often - bad when you consider that they got a goal from one - fair admittedly.

Kirk, Williams, Mathews, Bolton J, Fosdike are all doing well. If we had have kicked straight in that 1/4 it would all be over!

C.Bolton off with what looks like a knee injury.

Initial thoughts were that they really jumped up especially with their tackling.
    But that was never going to last all game so I didn't panic.

As for the telecast, well, I'm sure the angles are much more limited over there, but no excuse for missing the goal.
    Lucky we have replays.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.