Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J.McVeigh next year

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    I'm at a game n got a message from a family member to say Carlton & Essendon are attempting to get him there in a similar situation to Sam Mitchell in a future coaching role, reported on game day. Can anyone confirm this please?

All good just walked into the club rooms n saw it.
    All I heard was that Melbourne teams were interested in him. Didn't hear them mention who.

Regular in the Side
    I heard that GWS were into him on a similar deal to Stevie J. His brother is there so it just might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    All I heard was that Melbourne teams were interested in him. Didn't hear them mention who.
    Essendon & Carlton.

https://mobile.twitter.com/7aflgameday/status/894006545238728704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html%23894006545238728704

As much as i love the man he has played less than half the games available due to soft tissue could well be worse next year
    This year would be the right time

Warming the Bench
    I've been a McVeigh sceptic last year and this year. However, since he's back from injury and stringing games together he has looked really good. I would think he's one of the first picked each week now.

I suspect that if we won the flag this year he would retire - I think he's a bit vain in that way. Some players have a tendency to go on for that 'extra year'. While this is not the team first approach you can understand why they do it - you're a long time retired at age 33.

I don't think we'll win the flag this year (but happy to be proven wrong) so I think McVeigh will go around again next year and target Jude Boltons 325 games. I don't think anyone will ever reach Adams total.

If macca hangs up the boots end of 2017

I suspect that the likely candidates that could take on Macca's link directional role are

Newman
    Hewett
    Mills
    Florent

Veterans List
    McVeigh is playing really well but I worry when he has to be accountable or has to chase an opponent.

Let's hope we win the premiership and he can retire on a high.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

McVeigh on the wide spaces of the MCG is the big worry

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    McVeigh on the wide spaces of the MCG is the big worry
    And Barry on the wide open spaces of RWO is a big worry too!
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    And Barry on the wide open spaces of RWO is a big worry too!
    His "pointing game" is much less effective on the MCG.

Maybe they should introduce something like the runner in cricket. Macca gets to dispose of the ball, but if there's any chasing or tackling to do he's allowed to call for the runner - a younger, more athletic, non-premiership player.

I presume also if someone dares to try and plant a kiss on his cheek he can call for the runner then too.

Two way running McVeigh style

McVeigh would make a great first slip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123