Thread: VALE: Chris Elliott

VALE: Chris Elliott

Former South Melbourne player, Chris Elliott, passed recently after a long battle with dementia.
    IMG_2408.JPG
    Recruited from Benalla, Chris played 8 games with the Swans between 1976-77 before returning to Benalla to enjoy an illustrious local football career.

Sadly, Chris passed at just 63.

Oh geez, life sucks.

Chris was a member of the 1977 Elimination final team, that photo is from that game.

So sad to pass away at just age 63.

Veterans List
    Dementia.....hereditary or head knocks from footy or just plain bad luck? I work in aged care.....63 is way too young to die from this, poor bugger...... RIP Chris Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dementia.....hereditary or head knocks from footy or just plain bad luck? I work in aged care.....63 is way too young to die from this, poor bugger...... RIP Chris Elliot.
    Don't know - there are many causes of dementia (if anyone is interested, there is a free 9 week online course through the University of Tasmania currently being conducted https://mooc.utas.edu.au/courses, suitable for anyone, but especially health workers - enrolment closed 18 August)

But I do know that Chris was diagnosed with early onset dementia at just 56 years of age. He was fortunate to have very supportive family and friends who looked after him in many ways from the time of his diagnosis until his untimely passing.