Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Rd 21 v Freo

Senior Player

Changes Rd 21 v Freo

It's Tuesday and this thread doesn't exist yet?

How much longer can Towers keep his spot? Finals are coming and we need less passengers

Time for
    Towers out
    Kennedy in
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

OUT: Sweet Caroline

Leave Towers alone. He's doing OK.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Towers isn't going anywhere. Just put him on the bench for the last few minutes in tight games.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post

On a a recent video interview with Heeney on Swans website, Heeney said the players like Sweet Caroline - it gets them going!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    But Heeney says it fires him up. http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/...ac-heeney-ch-7 But also admits plenty of Swans dislike it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    On a a recent video interview with Heeney on Swans website, Heeney said the players like Sweet Caroline - it gets them going!
    "a few of the boys they dislike it intensely"

So who goes out for Joey then? Could be Tippo I s'pose but he should be given a few games to see if he can re-discovered his best? Everyone else has been play good, if not great, footy.
    I would also like to Cunningham make it back, if he can recapture his pre-injury form. He can provide that quick, hard running release player that works so well when we switch play.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Assuming no other injuries, it'll all depend on the structure - whether to stick with the taller forward line up or revert back to a smaller one. Towers most likely if we keep the talls and Tippett/Sinclair if we go smaller.

Warming the Bench
    Tippett out, Joey in. Back to the one Ruckman set up we had been using when Naismith was fit

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    But Heeney says [Sweet Caroline] fires him up. http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/...ac-heeney-ch-7 But also admits plenty of Swans dislike it...

"a few of the boys they dislike it intensely"
    Perhaps we could have the song replaced by different songs chosen by a player from time to time. Imagine how much it would motivate a player in a milestone game if their favourite song was playing at the break.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I'd prefer to rest Kennedy for one more week. Wouldn't want him going down with a 21 day hammy on the weekend n miss first week of the finals.

No change

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Tippett out, Joey in. Back to the one Ruckman set up we had been using when Naismith was fit
    I don't think the coaches will back Sinclair to ruck a whole game solo. Naismith yes, but not Sinclair. I also doubt they'd have Tippett rucking solo either, unless forced to. If Naismith is ready to return, they could drop both Sinclair and Tippo if they want to retain a smaller structure but otherwise it will probably be Towers or Newman who makes way for Kennedy, if he's ready. I'm not in favour of dropping Newman but I think he and Towers are probably the two least important from a structural point of view. I can't see anyone else in the side who would even come up for consideration of being dropped given Horse is clearly taken by what Hayward brings to the side (and with three goals last week, it's hard to argue).

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think the coaches will back Sinclair to ruck a whole game solo. Naismith yes, but not Sinclair.
    You may be right but I hope they give it to Sinclair. I agree we'd be better with a solo ruckman in Naismith but Sinclair (if fully fit) should be able to put up a good contest by himself. I prefer the structure of a one ruckman team

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast