Thread: Gold Coast sack Eade

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

Gold Coast sack Eade

Gold Coast have sacked Eade as coach, not surprising consider their mediocre form over the last three years.

Eade has coached 377 games without a premiership, more than any other coach. I don't believe he will coach again.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Gold Coast have sacked Eade as coach, not surprising consider their mediocre form over the last three years.

Eade has coached 377 games without a premiership, more than any other coach. I don't believe he will coach again.
    I feel a bit sorry for McKenna. He keeps getting his name dragged through the mud every time the performance of Eade is brought up (as a mitigating circumstance for the failure). If Ablett did not get injured in McKenna's final year it is highly likely they would have made finals.

Eade was too negative for my liking (all those times when he publicly stated we were only making up the numbers in the finals had to be deflating for the players) - but he will easily snag a media role if he wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll always be the guy that took us to a GF in his first year. Gave me a lot of joy in 96

There's talk of Roosey going to the GC.
    Did I die and someone walk over my dead body?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.