Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid Contract

Senior Player
    Yes, the Pratt family have been very good to Carlton over the years. There was a bit of fuss re Chris Judd's very well paid work
    for Visy too. It's a grey area for sure, but from the player's perspective though, can you blame them?. These guys have got to eat
    and a lot of them are only an ACL away from unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    A person in my employ used to be a senior exec at Visy in the 90's. Most of the Carlton team were working as "Sales Execs" earning $150k plus in todays money and most of the time they'd only work a handful of hours each week.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Personally I am not interested in how much he is paid as it is none of my business.

I'm sure the Swans have assessed his value and have compensated him fairly, within the structure of the salary cap.

Before anyone starts a but... how are we going to keep or recruit . The club will have strategies in place, after all that's their job and what they're paid to do
    How can we discuss and judge the worth of the deal of we don't have any details?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    How can we discuss and judge the worth of the deal of we don't have any details?
    I, for one, don't really care about the worth of the deal now that he's signed as

1) the deal is done & we're stuck with it

2) I trust our list managers - they have been pretty good for quite some time now

3) I don't see how Sam's income is really anyone else business except his (I'll include his manager and anyone Sam chooses to share the information with), the Club's (for list management purposes and as the employer) & the AFL's (for salary cap purposes and contract ratification).

It's not his teammates (that just potentially breed's jealousy, it's not the public's.

With respect Barry, how would you like it if your income details were printed here on RWO - if your response is to state your income, which is easy to do with total anonymity, then perhaps substantiate it with a copy of your tax return so that it's known to be authentic.

Now of course I don't want you to share your income details Barry! The point I'm trying to make is that it is personal information & my opinion is that the public don't have the right to expect to know it.

Senior Player
    I don't think anyone here really thinks they have a right to know the details of a players contract. It's more that rumoured player salary
    details are part of the discussion of a players value to the team, or their likelihood of coming to or leaving the team.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I don't think anyone here really thinks they have a right to know the details of a players contract. It's more that rumoured player salary
    details are part of the discussion of a players value to the team, or their likelihood of coming to or leaving the team.
    That's a fair call

Senior Player
    Why won't Barry release his tax returns? What is he hiding?

How would you feel if your CEO sent an email around asking all employees to chip in an extra $500 each to his salary otherwise he's moving to a competitor.?
    That's exactly how it works now. CEOs sack staff and freeze their wages so they can increase profits and award themselves huge bonuses.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Why won't Barry release his tax returns? What is he hiding?
    Build that wall, Barry! Build that wall!

First world problems.....

+1

I'd love to release my financials but I'm worried I might blow your mind.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I agree we don't have any rights to know what players earn. But we get so engrossed in speculation, we lose sight of the fact the club is the final arbiter in what players earn.

Can anyone declare what value is to be put on "paying overs" for Sam, when we are unaware of what value the club places on the individual.

The only players we an really put a value are the draftees and rookies as they have fairly standard contracts, can anyone clarify what these are?
    sprite

+1

I'd love to release my financials but I'm worried I might blow your mind.
    We'd all love to know just how much you used to get paid to be an ANZ Ambassador
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast