Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid Contract

Sam Reid Contract

Sam Reid has signed a new contract. Sam had previously stated that he would be staying in Sydney. After all he is about to marry a local girl and they have bought a house together in the last year. Congratulations Andrew Ireland, Tom Harley and the Swans Football department on getting the job done.

Four years: Reid all about it - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Sam Reid has signed a new contract. Sam had previously stated that he would be staying in Sydney. After all he is about to marry a local girl and they have bought a house together in the last year. Congratulations Andrew Ireland, Tom Harley and the Swans Football department on getting the job done.

Four years: Reid all about it - sydneyswans.com.au
    How much though?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    How much though?
    Less than he could have got down south I'm wagering.

Senior Player
    After so many doom and gloom posts in the other threads claiming he was gone as he hadn't signed yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Less than he could have got down south I'm wagering.
    Imagine if every Swans supporter showed their support to a loyal Swans player who signs on for significantly less than they're worth, by sending the player a letter donating the amount the supporter would have spent on a cup of coffee or a can of drink?

Would easily make up for the shortfall an interstate offer could have landed the player had they chosen to have chase the dollar (& tax free at that). I'd forsake a cup of coffee for that

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Imagine if every Swans supporter showed their support to a loyal Swans player who signs on for significantly less than they're worth, by sending the player a letter donating the amount the supporter would have spent on a cup of coffee or a can of drink?

Would easily make up for the shortfall an interstate offer could have landed the player had they chosen to have chase the dollar (& tax free at that). I'd forsake a cup of coffee for that
    Are you suggesting someone on say $50,000 donate money to someone on $500,000 ?

Just wild about Harry
    Touche

It was more a hypothetical regarding the broader Swans fan base.

I'm suggesting that if I personally wanted Sam Reid to stay at the club, but didn't want the club I support to compromise its pay structure to keep Sam, by paying overs, I would personally be appreciative of Sam demonstrating loyalty by signing for significantly less than he could make elsewhere, as there are many mercenary types who would go to the highest bidder. While he may get be on $500k (which is a lot) if he was potentially giving up $600-700k (a speculative figure) means he is giving up a bit to stay too. I would be happy to send the few bucks I'd have spent on a single cup of coffee in acknowledgement. Now I'm certainly not suggesting others should do this. Especially not you. There are many others things I'd rather suggest when I read some questionable posts on RWO - but telling you what you should do with your hard earned cash isn't one of them.

Veteran Site Admin
    It was more a hypothetical regarding the broader Swans fan base.

I'm suggesting that if I personally wanted Sam Reid to stay at the club, but didn't want the club I support to compromise its pay structure to keep Sam, by paying overs, I would personally be appreciative of Sam demonstrating loyalty by signing for significantly less than he could make elsewhere, as there are many mercenary types who would go to the highest bidder. While he may get be on $500k (which is a lot) if he was potentially giving up $600-700k (a speculative figure) means he is giving up a bit to stay too. I would be happy to send the few bucks I'd have spent on a single cup of coffee in acknowledgement. Now I'm certainly not suggesting others should do this. Especially not you. There are many others things I'd rather suggest when I read some questionable posts on RWO - but telling you what you should do with your hard earned cash isn't one of them.
    One fan buying Sam a cup of coffee is irrelevant. But if you have a significant number doing the same I can promise you that both the AFL's salary cap watchman and the tax man would be very interested. It would be extra income to him directly related to his role as a Swans player.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    One fan buying Sam a cup of coffee is irrelevant. But if you have a significant number doing the same I can promise you that both the AFL's salary cap watchman and the tax man would be very interested. It would be extra income to him directly related to his role as a Swans player.
    I agree that one makes no difference. Hence my thoughts of many.

But if, hypothetically, many people simply sent in unsolicited gifts of small amounts of money (which would add up), where in the taxation rules does it say that he must pay tax on the gifts? And how would they know? All purely hypothetical as I'm sure no one would do it

Although I recall a young Bulldogs fan sent Chris Grant $1 of their pocket money in the mail when there were generous offers from other clubs. Tugged at his heart strings.

I agree that one makes no difference. Hence my thoughts of many.

But if, hypothetically, many people simply sent in unsolicited gifts of small amounts of money (which would add up), where in the taxation rules does it say that he must pay tax on the gifts? And how would they know? All purely hypothetical as I'm sure no one would do it

Although I recall a young Bulldogs fan sent Chris Grant $1 of their pocket money in the mail when there were generous offers from other clubs. Tugged at his heart strings.
    Sorry, it was 20c to counter Port's big offer

No Cookies | The Advertiser

That fans young or old even think about donating their hard earned to the pampered top 1% ers is disturbing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast