Thread: Member recognition event

Regular in the Side

Member recognition event

Has anybody been to one recently? This is my 20th year so just wondering what happens these days. At the 14 year one they had some ex players have a chat and a bit of a mingle and that was about it. Is it likely to be the same this weekend?
    Life's not a spectator sport

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    My 20th was last year and we got a pie and a bottle of water. A guy playing the piano was the pre-chat entertainment and Sam Reid and LRT were the players interviewed ...
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Has anybody been to one recently? This is my 20th year so just wondering what happens these days. At the 14 year one they had some ex players have a chat and a bit of a mingle and that was about it. Is it likely to be the same this weekend?
    That's pretty much it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you bring a guest to this event? Otherwise it seems a bit weird that I can go in and the person I go to the footy with has to stand outside and wait.

Regular in the Side
    My parents had to ask permission to bring my niece and nephew as since they're 6 and 9, they can't be 20 year members. The rest of us are all invited so we can't exactly leave them outside. Give the club a call. They gave my dad a bit of a hard time about it though, so I don't think you'll have much luck.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    My parents had to ask permission to bring my niece and nephew as since they're 6 and 9, they can't be 20 year members. The rest of us are all invited so we can't exactly leave them outside. Give the club a call. They gave my dad a bit of a hard time about it though, so I don't think you'll have much luck.
    My experience is just don't tell the club.
    Rock up with the kids... they won't turn them away.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Mel, did you receive the email about the change of venue to the captain's bar in Allianz stadium? I'm at 20 year mark and bringing my 8 yr old son. I put him in the RSVP and didn't get any push back.