Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Who will kick the collywobble's behinds now?

Glad they threw him on the trash heap.
    Once again, we are the deal winners.
    I don't understand your hate. He wasn't a natural footballer, he came from a NRL state. He had some huge disadvantages when he started. There were no academies, very few good clinics and he didn't play Aussie rules until he was a teenager. Certainly coming from a long way back. The is why he sometimes couldn't get where to move. He was also a KPP or ruckman which are both difficult positions to play. I wished him well once he left and the reality is we were not going to persevere with him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I don't understand your hate. He wasn't a natural footballer, he came from a NRL state. He had some huge disadvantages when he started. There were no academies, very few good clinics and he didn't play Aussie rules until he was a teenager. Certainly coming from a long way back. The is why he sometimes couldn't get where to move. He was also a KPP or ruckman which are both difficult positions to play. I wished him well once he left and the reality is we were not going to persevere with him.
    Played some serviceable games for us and although he lacked intensity was a reliable kick for goal as I recall(for us at least). Played well when we beat cats at Geelong in 2011. Good luck to him in the future. Seemed a good natured guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    He might've come from an NRL state, but wasn't he a basketballer as a junior?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    He might've come from an NRL state, but wasn't he a basketballer as a junior?
    Yep, I think he represented for Qld. If I remember correctly he started AFL very late, he had great athletic ability and everyone was concerned about his ability to develop as an AFL player. From memory many touted him as a first round draft pick for many months leading up to the draft but was overlooked. I think we drafted him with a fourth round pick the following year. Unfortunately, his athletic ability never made up for has late of football ability.

Goes up to 11
    He was best for us when we played him as a mid, not as a key position player. Didn't happen often though, unfortunately. He was just never KPP material.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Who will kick the collywobble's behinds now?

Glad they threw him on the trash heap.
    Once again, we are the deal winners.
    Yes we were the deal winners but I wish him well regardless of that deal, how he played with us or where he ended up. Best of luck for wherever the road takes you next Jesse!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Unless a player has left the Swans in acrimonious circumstances I always believe that they have played a part in developing our club to be what it is today.
    As such I am always predisposed to wishing them well treating them with respect and remembering them as an ex Swan.
    Travel well on the next stage of your journey Jesse

I used to like seeing him come in from just in front of centre wing at the bounce. He ran good angles into the 50, creating a bit of mayhem. Always at his best working from the edge of the ground.

Quite a funny Jesse white thread over at bigfooty.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Quite a funny Jesse white thread over at bigfooty.
    Someone over there called him the 'Poor man's Kurt Tippett'. I nearly laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Poor man's Tyrone Vickery. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Kurt Tippett is now the poor mans Kurt Tippett

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast