Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J.McVeigh next year

J.McVeigh next year

It has to be asked but ATM does he continue next year at Sydney? Barring injury for the rest of the season you'd think he'd be a very good general down back next year as he has been this year after coming back for a soft tissue injury. At a reasonable price I'd keep him.

I think the decision should be McVeigh's. He is playing well enough to hold his spot in our team.

Senior Player
    He wants to play on; he should. Reckon he's playing better than he has for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He wants to play on; he should. Reckon he's playing better than he has for a few years.
    I really put part of it down to the role of Jake Lloyd in the team as well. McVeigh didn't play as well last week when Lloyd was missing as he had to take more of that 'link man general' role around the ball in defence. With Lloyd back, he could play a more comfortable role.

If he wants to play on, then we should make sure it is with us. On the proviso that he has to earn his spot in the team - not that I would wish it on any player but he could easily struggle to make the 22 like ROK did, even if he continues to finish off this season. But it would be such a shame to see him not go out as a one club legend, especially if he was to play the big 300 as well this year. Maybe we make the decision easy for him and go the whole hog and win the flag - that would be the ultimate high to go out on!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    He keeps playing. His poise and leadership has been fantastic since he came back. At the moment, he is not only in our best 22 but one of the first picked.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    Playing very well and a key player for us. MUST get a contract next year, we are too light on depth and McVeigh is too important to our bagkline cohesion. New contract a no brainer IMO.

300 games and another premiership would be a good time to depart. Has been playing well though.

Veterans List
    Playing very well and a key player for us. MUST get a contract next year, we are too light on depth and McVeigh is too important to our backline cohesion and his disposal is elite. New contract a no brainer IMO.

Tough decision for him. When fit he's one of our better players but another year could see him being injured for most of the year if he's unlucky. I think he's earned the right to choose provided he's willing to play NEAFL if things don't go as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    300 games and another premiership would be a good time to depart. Has been playing well though.
    Tend to agree with that.
    No doubt some pressure has been applied from the Swans to perform, which he has well answered.
    But there isn't much uphill from here.

Also the rumors about him moving clubs may indicate that he isn't locked in next year.
    I dare say he'd be chasing 300 games.
    Would be nice if he played at least 2 finals and got there with the Swans.
    A medallion around his neck would make a way too glamorous end to his career to pass up.
    Just up to the rest of the team to deliver
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    He was bloody good flight.
    Including lots of work off the ball.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Tend to agree with that.
    No doubt some pressure has been applied from the Swans to perform, which he has well answered.
    But there isn't much uphill from here.

Also the rumors about him moving clubs may indicate that he isn't locked in next year.
    I dare say he'd be chasing 300 games.
    Would be nice if he played at least 2 finals and got there with the Swans.
    A medallion around his neck would make a way too glamorous end to his career to pass up.
    Just up to the rest of the team to deliver
    Unthinkable for him to play elsewhere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast