Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 17 - August 12-13

Sydney Uni v Pennant Hills Prem div match abandoned after a serious leg injury to one of the players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Sydney Uni v Pennant Hills Prem div match abandoned after a serious leg injury to one of the players.
    Never good to hear. Best wishes to the injured player and hopefully a speedy recovery.

Not good at all.

Does that sort the top 5 then? ECE or UTS need to win by about 300.

Almost Football Legend

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Received a photo of Theo Moraitis injury on Saturday night and can honestly say I haven't seen something that bad. Someone on here might know more than I do but apparently both tibula & fibula crossed over each other (broken?) and kneecap severely displaced. The photo shows his knee cap actually on the inside of his leg which looked very nasty. Wish him all the best for his recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    Received a photo of Theo Moraitis injury on Saturday night and can honestly say I haven't seen something that bad. Someone on here might know more than I do but apparently both tibula & fibula crossed over each other (broken?) and kneecap severely displaced. The photo shows his knee cap actually on the inside of his leg which looked very nasty. Wish him all the best for his recovery.
    That's a terrible injury. We're obviously pretty passionate about the game and our clubs, but the health and welfare of those involved transcends all of that. I hope young Theo gets the best recovery possible.

No chance for anyone outside the 5 to make it in now. I think the only change in the 5 is that 2nd and 3rd could swap next weekend, but that doesn't change anything anyway.

Yuk. Have broken both legs in the past 7 years, and have pics of both impacts. Attachment 2030 Do show them where I can.

Hope the young bloke gets back to full strength, don't rush it though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    The NEAFL squad is 47 and of those about 30 are eligible for Prem Div at Uni. Our PD side last week had five listed players - all students at the Uni and all under 23 - that had played a total of 7 NE games this season.
    Just looked up the rules: This will show why you have excess playing Prems

15.2 Competition Playing Lists (Non AFL Clubs)
    (a) Clubs are required to list 35 primary list players and up to 12 rookies. To be eligible to be a
    rookie, players must be under 21 years of age and must have played less than 20 NEAFL or
    other State League senior matches at the start of each season. All rookie listed players must be
    approved by the NEAFL Manager. Team lists must be submitted as advised by the AFL. The
    totals referred to in this paragraph (a) do not include Matches played by a top up player with an
    AFL Club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12