It is no secret that my main area of interest is in the toppies. For the second week none of the toppies did much. It intrigues me why that is when this time last year guys like jake brown had plenty of involvement.

I got to see the game and it dawned on me that whilst the listed neafl players are a very tight group, as a consequence of lack of injuries, they are basically playing as a team of 17 listed players. They are so strong that they have no need for the toppies. In fact for a large part of the game the toppies were off. When they were on the listed players simply played around them, and used them as an absolute last resort.

Whilst the 17 or so listed players are basically the same every week, I think they have given up on the new toppy faces that rotate through every week.

The poor toppies worked their butts off but were ignored 9 times out of 10. I'd love to see the gps. I reckon wicks probably topped the distance travelled.

I heard a comment that Brisbane won last week because their toppies were better. I wonder if it was simply because Brisbane plays as a complete team.

If I was shaw I would see this situation as a real weakness that could see Brisbane take the flag. You are usually only as strong as your bottom six, and they will be toppies. If Brandon jack had a brain, and I don't think he does, he would address this issue pronto.