Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 21 Sydney V Fremantle. SCG. 13.45 pm.

Just did a match day survey send by email from the Swans. Rated it all generally excellent except buses to the Quay after the game, Sweet Caroline and the volume of the entertainment. Final comment with open question, response: "Turn the volume down for break announcements and entertainment. I am there for the game and enjoy discussing it during breaks, not shouting over other crap "entertainment" blaring through the speakers."

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    Just did a match day survey send by email from the Swans. Rated it all generally excellent except buses to the Quay after the game, Sweet Caroline and the volume of the entertainment. Final comment with open question, response: "Turn the volume down for break announcements and entertainment. I am there for the game and enjoy discussing it during breaks, not shouting over other crap "entertainment" blaring through the speakers."
    Good on you Swanstubbs - nothing irks me more than the impossibility of conversation, especially between quarters. I hope the powers that be take note.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    What's wrong with the buses to Circular Quay? The line is much shorter than the Central buses

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    What's wrong with the buses to Circular Quay? The line is much shorter than the Central buses
    Six empty buses passed queued for Central with no-one waiting to get on while none stopped to go to Circular Quay with line to the Members entrance. Unbelievable!

Senior Player
    Am I the only person to notice that we Sydney footy fans weren't given the opportunity last Saturday to farewell
    one of the most unlikely players to ever pull on an AFL guernsey, Zac Dawson.
    His stats speak for themselves, 166 games played in 11 seasons spread over 13 years at three different clubs.
    He averaged just under 10 possessions per game and was an inspiration to all up-and-coming tall defenders with his
    clumsy punching, crude tackling and outright refusal to ever kick a football unless as an absolute last resort.
    Zac played in four Grand Finals, and didn't win one.
    My family and I who have followed Zac's illustrious career for many years were a bit miffed at first that we
    couldn't say goodbye, but later learned Zac didn't want a farewell game, or to even be driven around the MCG on
    the back of a ute on Grand Final day. As always, he remains, an enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Am I the only person to notice that we Sydney footy fans weren't given the opportunity last Saturday to farewell
    His stats speak for themselves, 166 games played in 11 seasons spread over 13 years at three different clubs.
    He averaged just under 10 possessions per game and was an inspiration to all up-and-coming tall defenders with his
    clumsy punching, crude tackling and outright refusal to ever kick a football unless as an absolute last resort.
    My family and I who have followed Zac's illustrious career for many years were a bit miffed at first that we
    couldn't say goodbye, but later learned Zac didn't want a farewell game, or to even be driven around the MCG on

Outstanding post, KTigers. I'm going a bit off topic here, but I still wear my '37' shirt regularly. My 10 year old daughter has to give a speech at school next week on the topic 'Say boo to racism in sport'. We had a great evening researching Nicky Winmar and Goodsey together. She's just completed her first season of AFL in the Willoughby Wildcats Girls U12 team, which featured a break-out quarter at FF in which she kicked two goals in two minutes, including a clean snap from deep in the wrong pocket for a right footer. Watch out for her, I reckon.

Senior Player
    Yes, unfortunately the events in 2015 with Adam have wrecked the celebration and farewelling of retiring footballers for many people.
    Then you have that appalling woman in parliament yesterday, and the idiot in America in a race to the bottom.
    On a more positive note, kids these days seem to me to be very accepting of people from different cultures,
    and I think in time the racism that is around today will be less prevalent. It's just going to take a while. My
    boys played for 14 years from Auskick thru to U19s and beyond, and I can't ever remember hearing a racist
    remark from the field in that time. You'll notice that with your daughter and her games, it's just not natural
    for them to think like that. That has to be a good thing. It's a great time when your kids play.
    I had 14 years of it. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Outstanding post, KTigers. I'm going a bit off topic here, but I still wear my '37' shirt regularly. My 10 year old daughter has to give a speech at school next week on the topic 'Say boo to racism in sport'. We had a great evening researching Nicky Winmar and Goodsey together. She's just completed her first season of AFL in the Willoughby Wildcats Girls U12 team, which featured a break-out quarter at FF in which she kicked two goals in two minutes, including a clean snap from deep in the wrong pocket for a right footer. Watch out for her, I reckon.

Veterans List
    I didn't even know Dawson was still playing until I heard about his retirement. He gave us some laughs over the years because he was so bad. He must have had photos of Lyon the way he kept getting a game.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, I remember one of his very early games for Hawthorn, where he was given the job of marking Barry Hall. It didn't work out well for Zac and Barry kicked a bag. And I spent most of the game, wondering why the Hawks coaching staff, sent out the work experience kid to try and nullify a beast like Barry?

Senior Player
    Obviously my original post was somewhat tongue in cheek and I bear him no ill will at all, but here is a guy that played
    166 games (and that is a pretty decent number in anyone's language) that kicked the ball an average 3.4 times per game.
    For eleven years. I mean how is that even possible in today's high possession game. I reckon you could put one of us
    out on the wing in a deck chair with the Sunday paper and a cold drink, and we'd get more kicks than that. He was
    just the ultimate scrapper, some sort of gangly awkward throwback to footy 50 years ago when some defenders jobs
    were to just get in the way of the opposition forwards till the cavalry arrived. Ross Lyon obviously liked him, and
    Zac was smart enough to keep following his master around. I don't think we'll see his type again.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I remember one of his very early games for Hawthorn, where he was given the job of marking Barry Hall. It didn't work out well for Zac and Barry kicked a bag. And I spent most of the game, wondering why the Hawks coaching staff, sent out the work experience kid to try and nullify a beast like Barry?
    Last edited by KTigers; 18th August 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Can we get back to ranting about the umpires please?

Warming the Bench
    Umpire might get sacked for that 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast