Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 21 Sydney V Fremantle. SCG. 13.45 pm.

Senior Player
    Reminded me of that "Port Adelaide versus the bye" video on YouTube from a few years back. Almost no interaction between the teams, like the opposition were beneath contempt. Well, ours were all pretty good even if theirs were awful and I did enjoy the novelty of kick to kick on a sunny afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Surely they are trolling playing Sweet Caroline after the game.
    Yes I'm sure they were. The ground announcer does enjoy having fun with the crowd (eg his alleged poll results today re who wants Kick to Kick).

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Great time at the Riser. Renewing acquaintances, cheering until hoarse, a good level of pub grub, classy beer, champagne for the birthday girl on our table, lots of commendable football from every Swan on the ground, big percentage gain. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

OK, the opposition wasn't wonderful, but didn't we turn it on?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A solid game against poor opposition. I still think we get caught out too often on mismatches with tall forwards. Freo plays with 3 tall forwards, but Adelaide have 4, so we will have to find a solution for that next week.
    Yes I noticed we were often outmarked in their fwd 50, they had one too many talls for us but thankfully they didn't kick straight. Freo talls are very ordinary but could have hurt us, Crows talls are high quality and will hurt us! So correct that we need another KPD next week, I'm thinking todays ressie BOG Aliir :-)

Can the large crowd have anything to do with the fact that it was one of only 2 day games at home this year? It certainly did for me as I have 2 little kids and am sad I can't take them to more games.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Great time at the Riser. Renewing acquaintances, cheering until hoarse, a good level of pub grub, classy beer, champagne for the birthday girl on our table, lots of commendable football from every Swan on the ground, big percentage gain. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

OK, the opposition wasn't wonderful, but didn't we turn it on?
    And, don't forget, Mrs Dimelb won 3rd prize in the raffle!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Can the large crowd have anything to do with the fact that it was one of only 2 day games at home this year? It certainly did for me as I have 2 little kids and am sad I can't take them to more games.
    Yes I'm sure the day match (and a lovely sunny day at that) had a lot to do with the large crowd. And virtually every one of those little kids was out on the oval after the match. It was a wonderful sight!

But funnily it was a bit anticlimactic sitting in the crowd. Very quiet, match was just too one-sided to get excited.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    I imagine it makes a huge difference. I hope you all had a great day.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Hear, hear, Bill Posters. I'd like more day games for home matches both for the kids and for myself. It makes for a great day out. The SCG is a picture bathed in the afternoon light when the weather is good. I particularly remember 2014 v Port when Buddy was turning it on for a narrow victory and I was in the stands facing across the verdant ground to Ladies & Members with golden shafts of sun framing a magical afternoon.

Watching on tv, Meg, there seemed to be some big cheers celebrating various players scoring goals but definitely the biggest cheer seemed to be when they announced Kick to Kick. Took a moment to know what was going on until the commentators illuminated us.

The only issue is the sun in the eyes of the players.

BTW, is there a way to post my video of Kick-to-kick on here or only FB , Insta etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    On today's performance Tippo stays Sinkers goes. And that would be the right move as Tippo is a much better forward. He also laid 11 tackles today

How tall can Mills play. He seems to consistently out-mark whoever he plays on.
    I would go with Tippett over Sinkers as well. He seems to be regaining form. And even if Naismith is fit to play, I would have him return through the reserves. His form has been patchy this year, probably due to a bad run of injuries.

Mills can play well above his size, but I hate that he keeps having to go one on one in a physical disadvantage. He's just a 2nd year player and it would be nice if we could make life a bit easier for him.

We get caught in these mismatches even when the numbers are not that heavily against us. Taberner got us often today. Even with Reg, Melican and Rampe in defence, other sides are still isolating KPFs against our small defenders. I think we need to either play Aliir or Reid down back, depending if we go with one or 2 ruckmen. I think we need 3 out Tippett, Reid, Aliir, Sinclair and Naismith, but one of them should play down back against most sides.

Here's the city end of oval with Kick to Kick.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast