Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 21 Sydney V Fremantle. SCG. 13.45 pm.

How many 50-metre penalties does this equate to for more than 18 players on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I'd happily trade some friday night games for some more early afternoon games
    I love Saturday Arvo footy like today - a glorious day at the SCG indeed. A huge crowd too, well done to everyone for getting out to watch what was a dominant Swannies performance Hopefully we can get a couple more family friendly timeslots again next year.

Not much to say on the parade that was the game - it was one way traffic against glorified witches hats at times. But there was some beautiful football in there too - some really good interplay and clever use of the ball.
    We were very decent today - but Freo really were woeful. Sterner tests of course await, but what a resurrection its been from the first 6 weeks of the year. This team is as good a chance as any to take the flag, and what an almighty Premiership it would be. But that is still a long way off.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Only negative; woeful disposal by Hanners continues.

Easy win by the lads. Sinkers should not be dropped.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Easy win by the lads. Sinkers should not be dropped.
    Please......! 'Clunker'.

On the Rookie List
    Easy win against opposition that really was never into the game. The Swans have a lot of "Finals Stress" games this season though so it may be a good thing to be able to not have the mental drain of a nailbiter. It will help the percentage too! If the Swans didn't take their foot off the gas, I think it easily could have been a 150 point plus victory!

Perked me up after seeing the Canada men lose to New Zealand last night (my time) in the IC.

Match Day Thread Rnd 21 Sydney V Fremantle. SCG. 13.45 pm.

Is there a schedule for SCG matches offering kick-to-kick after the game (weather permitting)?

It is sometimes hard for teams to switch back to high intensity football after such a soft outing. I was worried for a little but that we were trying to be a little cute with our disposal at times in the third quarter, but you really can't ask anything more of a team. It was a dominant performance that was rewarded with a big percentage boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Watching a few of last years games and I'd forgotten Aliir is a great spoiler, long arms, good leap, good timing. Might need him next week against Crows tall forwards.

Think Sinclair and Tippett are line ball when Naismith is fit again. You can't say that Tippett didn't try yesterday, had a game high 8 tackles I believe.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Any word on Newman?

Didn't see the coverage, and missed the incident at the ground.

Only real downside to an absolute flogging

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Watching a few of last years games and I'd forgotten Aliir is a great spoiler, long arms, good leap, good timing. Might need him next week against Crows tall forwards.

Think Sinclair and Tippett are line ball when Naismith is fit again. You can't say that Tippett didn't try yesterday, had a game high 8 tackles I believe.
    Naismith is probably the best tap ruckman we have, but while first hand on the ball can be advantageous it does not guarantee continued possession. Sinclair and Tippett also both offer more around the ground. So while I'd like to see Naismith running around again, I wouldn't have him replacing either of the other two at present.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Is there a schedule for SCG matches offering kick-to-kick after the game (weather permitting)?

It is sometimes hard for teams to switch back to high intensity football after such a soft outing. I was worried for a little but that we were trying to be a little cute with our disposal at times in the third quarter, but you really can't ask anything more of a team. It was a dominant performance that was rewarded with a big percentage boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is never kick to kick on night games. Unfortunately we play a lot of night games. I don't think we, Swans fans and members, asked for night games. I think most Swans fans would prefer day or twilight games. maybe RWO could do a survey and then we could send it to the AFL.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I'd happily trade some friday night games for some more early afternoon games
    Me too - let the whingers from the west who want Friday night games have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    There is never kick to kick on night games. Unfortunately we play a lot of night games. I don't think we, Swans fans and members, asked for night games. I think most Swans fans would prefer day or twilight games. maybe RWO could do a survey and then we could send it to the AFL.
    All about TV rights and the night games are for the successful clubs so whilst I really want day games they come with being not so successful.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast