Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 22 V Adelaide

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    he is on 2 strikes another fine and its an automatic week suspension
    he should wrestle this week get his week then have 2 weeks break including the bye before finals
    otherwise risk a finals wrestle charge and miss a finals game
    Even if he were to get himself suspended for a third minor offence (and I don't think wrestling charges even count toward the tally of three), he doesn't wipe the slate clean. From hereon, he faces a week's suspension for each further minor offence he commits until the end of the season (as does Jones).

So playing inside the rules and cutting out the cheap stuff seems like the best strategy...

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    H has kicked a few goals at Adelaide oval - the space seems to suit him
    He was very good going back to the start of 2014 when we belted the Crows over there. Wouldn't surprise me to see him considered for selection, sounds like he has come back in decent form in the ressies.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I have just looked at the 5 day forecast for Adelaide; between 5 and 20 mils each day until only 1-5 mils on Friday

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I suspect you're right the match committee will prefer to stick with Sinclair and not Aliir.

As for Harry v Will. I might agree with you if Harry was at peak form but when was his last AFL game? He's had 2 passable games back in the NEAFL since returning from a long injury absence. He's not screaming for a recall and it's doubtful if he's best 22 even at his best. I think he could be good injury cover but that's all for 2017. When he's in form he's about as good as Robbo and slightly ahead of Foote (in my book). That's Harry v Will right now. Longer term, Will has much more upside. I do agree Harry's got a stronger, harder body than Will and probably offers a tad more defensively but I'm sticking with Will even so.
    No point having a harder body if you are not prepared to put it on the line.

This article would seem to cover most possibilities Sydney midfield bull on track for Crows - AFL.com.au

Looks like Kennedy will play, Naismith won't and there will be 2 ruckmen - Sinkers and Tippo vs Jacobs.
    If Newman gets up, who would come out? Hayward maybe?

Veterans List
    In Kennedy, out no one

Senior Player
    Kennedy in, Towers out. More of the same from Dean. Dropped chest mark, delivery to the toes of Buddy, turnover at halfback after kicking off one step; he'll cost us a final if we persist with him.
    C'mon Chels!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Kennedy in, Towers out. More of the same from Dean. Dropped chest mark, delivery to the toes of Buddy, turnover at halfback after kicking off one step; he'll cost us a final if we persist with him.
    Goal assist to Hayward.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Wet here all week and a night game so probably not a game to be going tall. Crows thrashed Port on a wet track a couple of weeks back.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No point having a harder body if you are not prepared to put it on the line.
    Maybe the Harry of previous years but not this year.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    There will definitely be a mismatch between either McGovern or Lynch if we don't bring in Aliir.
    McGovern plays i50 mostly, while Lynch floats up the ground more, so depends where Longmire would prefer that mismatch to occur. I'm 95% certain we'll just use Reid as a backup defender like you said.
    I've always pictured McGovern as a lead-up player and not a tall mark. Could be wrong. Isn't he only about 190cm?

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    This article would seem to cover most possibilities Sydney midfield bull on track for Crows - AFL.com.au

Looks like Kennedy will play, Naismith won't and there will be 2 ruckmen - Sinkers and Tippo vs Jacobs.
    If Newman gets up, who would come out? Hayward maybe?
    "Taylor Walker (48 goals this season), Eddie Betts (45) and Josh Jenkins (38) are all capable of kicking bags of goals for the home side, but Tom Lynch, Mitch McGovern and Charlie Cameron have also booted 20-plus majors, giving Adelaide multiple options to score".

It's going to be a hard night for our backmen.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast