Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 22 V Adelaide

Mitch McGovern is a tremendous high mark of the ball. He took that great pack mark in the dying seconds of the game against Collingwood a few weeks ago when the Pies were ahead by 50 points at one stage. He then kicked the goal for the draw. There's a reason for the talk about an 800k offer for him from Freo.

It's worth noting when looking at the goal numbers for the Crows that McGovern missed 10 games with an injury and Lynch missed a couple with viral meningitis. Jenkins also missed 4 games with an injury.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    "Taylor Walker (48 goals this season), Eddie Betts (45) and Josh Jenkins (38) are all capable of kicking bags of goals for the home side, but Tom Lynch, Mitch McGovern and Charlie Cameron have also booted 20-plus majors, giving Adelaide multiple options to score".

It's going to be a hard night for our backmen.
    Apart from Cameron, they are all capable of taking a big mark in a pack. Therefore Aliir Aliir is a must inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Apart from Cameron, they are all capable of taking a big mark in a pack. Therefore Aliir Aliir is a must inclusion.
    They're also quick when the ball hits the deck if their forwards go ballistic Reid will play loose man and Tippett will play full-time forward and Sinclair will ruck. The match ups don't look too bad Tex v Rampe, Jenkins v Reg, McGovern v Melican, Betts v Smith

If you look at the teams that have beaten Adelaide this year North, Melb, Cats, Hawks, I'm not sure they won because they played four tall defenders. If the ball comes into Crows forward line quickly, no defense will stop their forwards from scoring. The battle will be won in the midfield. Obviously Kennedy comes back in if fit. Out: Newman (if not fit) or Towers.

I'm not averse to Aliir coming back into the team, but not because we need four tall defenders. He has to bring something in his own right. For me if he was to come into the team it can only be at Towers expense. Not that he deserves to be dropped.

Does anyone know what time the Swans usually fly out of Sydney when they play in Adelaide?

Not sure about Adelaide but for Friday night game in Melbourne they fly down Thursday morning and train Thursday afternoon. I suspect the same for Adelaide. AFL mandates that travelling teams have to arrive in excess of 24 hours before playing.

Is AA seniors-hardened enough for one of the toughest assignments in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Is AA seniors-hardened enough for one of the toughest assignments in the game?
    Week in, week out, AA has one of the toughest assignments - every single training session he comes up against Buddy, Tippett and Sam Reid. Pretty good grounding I'd say.

There is talk Walker may not play and the Crows will go with a smaller forward line Taylor Walker rated 50/50 chance for Adelaide Crows in blockbuster with Sydney Swans

"Adelaide is expected to play with a small forward line should Walker miss, with wingman Paul Seedsman in line to come in after impressive form in the SANFL."

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    And why are we ditching Will? Eye for a goal, excellent at ground level or on the lead. Runs hard. Game-breaker.

Other than that he's an Adelaide boy who plays well on the Adelaide oval. He kicked 4 in an U18 GF there and 9 in the Prelim. I don't think Will is going anywhere but Adelaide Oval to play the Crows.

Warming the Bench
    There has been talk on this forum about Zak Jones loss of form recently. Should Zak be rested?

If Newman doesn't recover in time it could be

OUT: Newman (injured), Jones (rested)
    IN: JPK, Aliir

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    There has been talk on this forum about Zak Jones loss of form recently. Should Zak be rested?

If Newman doesn't recover in time it could be

OUT: Newman (injured), Jones (rested)
    IN: JPK, Aliir
    Zak's disposal has been a it erratic of late, but he otherwise played well against Freo. He was tagging Brad Hill a lot and shut him out. I doubt if he'll be dropped.

The Gallery on the Swans' website shows Newman training and is looking okay. He seems a good chance to play.

It does pose a dilemma with JPK coming back, because it's looking most likely that Towers will be the one dropped. It would seem tough after 14 consecutive games, but someone has to go out. Normally one might think that Hayward would be a chance to be dropped, but he's probably the first one picked.

Liz commented a week or 2 ago that Newman and Towers were structurally the least important players. I agree with that statement, even though I'm a big fan of Newman. If there's not a surprise due to some unknown injury, I would suspect JPK will replace one of those two.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast