Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 22 V Adelaide

No changes for the crows so Walker and Sloane are okay to play

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Crows no change

Emergencies Aliir Dawson Newman
    Seedsman Cheney Milera

Veterans List
    Ah, I thought Newman hadn't come up. A lot of scope for change with those emergencies, one of the rucks out so we are not top heavy in the conditions for Aliir who was on Lynch in the final last year or Newman for his run.

Expect a late change I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ah, I thought Newman hadn't come up. A lot of scope for change with those emergencies, one of the rucks out so we are not top heavy in the conditions for Aliir who was on Lynch in the final last year or Newman for his run.

Expect a late change I reckon.
    Don't think Aliir flew to adelaide?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Match panel have finally lost it.

I don't think anyone predicted that change.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Match panel have finally lost it.

I don't think anyone predicted that change.
    What, Kennedy in?

With Newman out, I wonder if this means that Reid will play back in order to release Rampe more - with the resting ruckman going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Newman hasn't played in defence since McVeigh returned, which is a major reason why he hasn't been as effective lately as he was earlier in the year

He's mainly played off a wing with stints up forward

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield is re-structured to fit JPK back in. Hewett seems to have been the beneficiary of his absence so logically would shift out again. However given I think he will (should) tag Sloane tomorrow it'll probably be Papley and/or Jack that gets more forward minutes

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    With Newman out, I wonder if this means that Reid will play back in order to release Rampe more - with the resting ruckman going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Teams usually try to take Rampe back to the goal square in order to stop his run. I reckon he has adapted to that so he is not our prime running back.

I don't know that Newman has played back that much in recent games. I think his out is just a precaution, or a ruse as he is an emergency and was on TV at the airport.

Veterans List
    Forecast for Adelaide tomorrow..... Mostly Sunny, Min: 8�C, Max:15�C, Chance of Rain: 20% < 1mm.....sounds like it will be pretty clear. I assume the drainage is good at the Adelaide oval after the recent rainy days, so conditions should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Newman hasn't played in defence since McVeigh returned, which is a major reason why he hasn't been as effective lately as he was earlier in the year

He's mainly played off a wing with stints up forward

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield is re-structured to fit JPK back in. Hewett seems to have been the beneficiary of his absence so logically would shift out again. However given I think he will (should) tag Sloane tomorrow it'll probably be Papley and/or Jack that gets more forward minutes
    In Adelaide's losses and draw, Sloane has had 18,11, 23, 23 & 16. Most wins he averages around 30 along with a goal or two. If we can keep him quite we will go a long way to defeating Adelaide. Though not sure who has the running power to go with him, so may have to rotate a few to him. Hewett and KJ

I think they are playing funny buggers with Newman, saying they are playing it safe with his knee and then naming him as an emergency.

I think there's a strong chance of a late out and Newman playing... wonder who?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast