Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stevie Johnson

Warming the Bench

Stevie Johnson

Rumour been going around for a while now is that he will be joining us as an assistant coach has anyone else heard this.

Senior Player
    Yes, apparently coming to us in a package deal with Toby Greene after GWS decided to adopt a "No dickheads" policy!

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Yes, apparently coming to us in a package deal with Toby Greene after GWS decided to adopt a "No dickheads" policy!
    Cannot judge too early. Rhyce Shaw was know as a hard drinking party boy in his younger years(along with Heath Shaw) now he is one hell of a good coach!!IMHO.

Regular in the Side
    Yes, apparently he and the Jarrad (who are both members at the same golf club) played a match play round recently to decide
    who would be coming to us as an assistant coach next year and who would be coaching at GWS. Stevie, who is a decent A grade
    club golfer won easily, 8-and-7, and he chose us as the SCG is lot closer to his home course.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Rumour been going around for a while now is that he will be joining us as an assistant coach has anyone else heard this.

Isn't his contract similar to Sam Mitchells where he just rolls into coaching at the giants next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Isn't his contract similar to Sam Mitchells where he just rolls into coaching at the giants next year?
    I don't think so. GWS probably like the idea because as a new club in Sydney they do not have any ex players to help out.

Senior Player
    Harley connection?

I've never liked Stevie J on the field but he is regarded in the industry as a senior coach in the making.

Would think he would be a huge acquisition and he would bring new ideas and mix things up. Harley would be hugely influential here I'd say

The rumour began on SEN I think Swans to add star to coaching ranks?

Garry Lyon hinted Johnson’s coaching career could kick off with cross-town rival Sydney. “I heard that maybe the Sydney Swans are great fans of his footy mind and Tom Harley will be well aware of that,”

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Perhaps as a replacement for Dew if Dew takes over as the Suns' coach?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Perhaps as a replacement for Dew if Dew takes over as the Suns' coach?
    Barker will go to the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    The rumour began on SEN I think Swans to add star to coaching ranks?

Garry Lyon hinted Johnson’s coaching career could kick off with cross-town rival Sydney. “I heard that maybe the Sydney Swans are great fans of his footy mind and Tom Harley will be well aware of that,”
    Bad start for Harley if he's giving jobs to his mates already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast