Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    I hear Village Green could be in use this season for some of the lower division teams
    Could be true. My info was from a year ago, though why would you put your lower grade teams at a good ground with great facilities and leave you top ones to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Could be true. My info was from a year ago, though why would you put your lower grade teams at a good ground with great facilities and leave you top ones to go elsewhere.
    Bit of a kick in the pants when the new guys took over the original patch at Trumper, and now have more claim to 'be beside the seaside' with Waverley as their home ground.

Or, it shows UTS have their @@@@@@ in a sock when it comes to off-field management. No disrespect to UNSW/ES and their management though. Although, Village Green would've been more appealing than Trumper when the Dogs/Walies merger came about.

Life is much more interesting at Trumper. I'm sure if the recent incident at the ground was during a footy match, the players would have respected the local lass a lot better.
    https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/...-ng-b88736074z

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Life is much more interesting at Trumper. I'm sure if the recent incident at the ground was during a footy match, the players would have respected the local lass a lot better.
    https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/...-ng-b88736074z
    hahahaha thats classic

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    hahahaha thats classic
    Sledge of the year as she left the field..."I hope you all get sunburnt".

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Will St George lose a few to Camden and the Unis after their poor showing last year?
    We still finished 4th on the Ladder and lost in the first week of finals to the eventual winners. Sure, not what we would like but I doubt many would be flocking to Camden (who our reserves beat all year) and the unis (although seems like UNSW have lots of cash to throw around).

That said, did hear a rumor of Camden throwing cash at one of our 17 year olds who played a couple of div 1 games last year (never played prems) and is a local junior. Musn't have the pulling power of UNSW if that is their target.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Or, it shows UTS have their @@@@@@ in a sock when it comes to off-field management.
    Cute way of putting it Pekay - never heard that before. I had to ask Doctor Google for advice.
    Now it might turn into one of my favourite sayings !

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Cute way of putting it Pekay - never heard that before. I had to ask Doctor Google for advice.
    Now it might turn into one of my favourite sayings !
    Old RAAF parlance from the roster blockers here. They have some good phrases interspersed with their oft-repeated war stories.

I think St George does ok with kids out of area.... Camden no doubt will be trying to boost list and good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    We still finished 4th on the Ladder and lost in the first week of finals to the eventual winners. Sure, not what we would like but I doubt many would be flocking to Camden (who our reserves beat all year) and the unis (although seems like UNSW have lots of cash to throw around).

That said, did hear a rumor of Camden throwing cash at one of our 17 year olds who played a couple of div 1 games last year (never played prems) and is a local junior. Musn't have the pulling power of UNSW if that is their target.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post

kennys gone, mcpharland and some other names ive read on camdens facebooks.....id say thats a few flocking at least

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    I think St George does ok with kids out of area.... Camden no doubt will be trying to boost list and good luck to them
    Yeah it helps having people the GWS academy allegedly directing kids that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Yeah it helps having people the GWS academy allegedly directing kids that way.
    Feed em Colesy.