Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Regular in the Side
    One of the main stumbling blocks (as I see it) is the accepted notion that if you don't make the final cut for say the div 1 team you've been in all year that it's only fair that you been allowed to play div 2 even though you haven't played there all year. (Assuming both teams in finals etc).
    The problem develops when clubs with 3 or 4 teams that all qualify for finals get a snowball effect where 5 players drop down from first grade, 7 from reserves, 10 from thirds and then its unrecognisable in the 4ths.
    Lots of players only play 10 games a season. How do you put provisions in to keep them in the grade they should be? You could implement a rule that once you play 5 games up a grade then you can't go down. But that would hurt players forced to play up to help out when injuries hit a club.
    Tough one. Not impossible but difficult.

Any word on where this is headed? I don't hold a seat on a committee any more (welcome back, life!) so am out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Any word on where this is headed? I don't hold a seat on a committee any more (welcome back, life!) so am out of the loop.
    I guess the short answer is "No".

Last I heard a month or so ago that it was "likely".

One would almost expect that it would have to be announced, one way or the other, in the next month or so. At least before nominations are requested.

Any thoughts on a Premier Division with 1s, 2s, U18/19(?) and then a Sydney City FL & West Sydney FL. That way there is no issue of clubs with 6 grades having players drop up down divisions, either you play Prems component or the Sydney City - West Syd component. Would need a transfer to go from one to another.
    West Sydney; Penrith D2, NW D3, SWS D2, Blacktown D1, Campbelltown D3, Wollondilli D2, Parra D1, Camden (If not Prems)
    Sydney City; Mac Uni D1, Southern D1, Balmain D1, Syd Uni D2, UTS D2, Penno D2, North Shore D3, UNSW ES D2
    Teams could still apply to go to Prems and teams could drop if struggling.
    Could have a City v West rep game and or Grand Final play off (or not)
    Might be lopsided at first but would even out.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYEFBE View Post
    Any thoughts on a Premier Division with 1s, 2s, U18/19(?) and then a Sydney City FL & West Sydney FL. That way there is no issue of clubs with 6 grades having players drop up down divisions, either you play Prems component or the Sydney City - West Syd component. Would need a transfer to go from one to another.
    West Sydney; Penrith D2, NW D3, SWS D2, Blacktown D1, Campbelltown D3, Wollondilli D2, Parra D1, Camden (If not Prems)
    Sydney City; Mac Uni D1, Southern D1, Balmain D1, Syd Uni D2, UTS D2, Penno D2, North Shore D3, UNSW ES D2
    Teams could still apply to go to Prems and teams could drop if struggling.
    Could have a City v West rep game and or Grand Final play off (or not)
    Might be lopsided at first but would even out.
    It's out of the box but we have a unique environment in Sydney.

Only issue would be the lack of 18/19s in West Sydney comp. You'd be lucky to get 4 teams out of that.

The way numbers swing with 19s might be best to align that like they do now, with Prems & Div 1 comp, separate from all leagues. Seems clubs need to align (SWS/Camden - West / HP - West Blues?) to get numbers currently. Only 14 teams this year so even all the Prems would struggle with this grade it seems.

So looks like the structure is out for next season.
    I hope they make the Div3 comp flexible in number like the juniors. Eg. Max on field 18 min 15 and other team has to even side numbers up.
    This will allow clubs that are building the flexibility in numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by pickup01 View Post
    So looks like the structure is out for next season.
    I hope they make the Div3 comp flexible in number like the juniors. Eg. Max on field 18 min 15 and other team has to even side numbers up.
    This will allow clubs that are building the flexibility in numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Confirmed same structure as this year?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Confirmed same structure as this year?
    No but when you read the plans it again looks like its been formulated by a victorian. Apparently ece are the only pd team in western sydney.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    No but when you read the plans it again looks like its been formulated by a victorian. Apparently ece are the only pd team in western sydney.
    care to elaborate?

Can someone post up the structure for next year?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    care to elaborate?
    When referring to Western Sydney they combined Camden Wollondilly and Campbelltown LGAs to create the Macarthur region making that region look huge, they mentioned Blacktown Penrith Parra yet no mention of Liverpool or Fairfield LGAs. Seems strange to leave out that piece. Also no mention of Canterbury Bankstown, are they also not Western enough let alone that PD club called Western Suburbs.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast