Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    When referring to Western Sydney they combined Camden Wollondilly and Campbelltown LGAs to create the Macarthur region making that region look huge, they mentioned Blacktown Penrith Parra yet no mention of Liverpool or Fairfield LGAs. Seems strange to leave out that piece. Also no mention of Canterbury Bankstown, are they also not Western enough let alone that PD club called Western Suburbs.
    Wests may become Inner Western Suburbs, or maybe Near Western Suburbs

There will be premier League (SFL)
    Platinum League (SFA)
    Each of these will have a seniors and rescues from the same club.
    Then we will have Div1 , 2 and 3.
    Each club will be required to play their first and reserves in the same comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by pickup01 View Post
    There will be premier League (SFL)
    Platinum League (SFA)
    Each of these will have a seniors and rescues from the same club.
    Then we will have Div1 , 2 and 3.
    Each club will be required to play their first and reserves in the same comp.

Anyone else rolling over laughing. No mention of how to stop clubs rorting. I read it and cant see anywhere a mechanism will be put in place to stop it. Its basically sfl sfa again. 10 years of study and no solutions or even slightly innovative suggestions. People think qld is afls war they cant win. Sydney afl has gone backwards in the last 25 years. The population has exploded and especially in the west - the comp at the same time might have grown but not in proportion and has going backwards in western sydney.

So what clubs have been put into what divisions/competitions?

New Competition Structure for 2018

All Clubs with Prems teams into Premier league
    All others into platinum I assume.
    Although it was mentioned they they are very keen to make Prems a ten club comp with the addition eventually of a Western Sydney club ( Magic maybe).

Does anyone have a document or a link to upload?

Hey tara, tried pm but received this error message
    "tara has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space"

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Anyone else rolling over laughing. No mention of how to stop clubs rorting. I read it and cant see anywhere a mechanism will be put in place to stop it. Its basically sfl sfa again. 10 years of study and no solutions or even slightly innovative suggestions. People think qld is afls war they cant win. Sydney afl has gone backwards in the last 25 years. The population has exploded and especially in the west - the comp at the same time might have grown but not in proportion and has going backwards in western sydney.
    I agree. No fit for purpose leadership/ideas from league blow ins and as a result they come to even good ideas like Divisionalisation too slowly and now revert back with little imagination. Generally the league just react to the latest winds and tweak while volunteers drown. I'd add that the other side of the equation is that that behaviour from the league will not change in a market like this while clubs sit in their individual corners taking shots at each other/blaming one another for this or that perceived advantage or disadvantage - all the while mostly only being concerned with their slice of the "pie" / success (and of course totally understand why, its natural). Hats off to the clubs who push forward, get promoted, form alliances, start U/19s, work with their juniors etc despite all of the reasons not to, you are the real engine room of the code locally

I would think there will be a lot of clubs talking at present, proposed changes from all discussions arent going down well, being told and not consulted properly in a process I am hearing is a lot of the issue. Eg: I know of 5 prems clubs 100% which are adament 16 a side in 19's shouldnt be in place, the other clubs may agree but 5 are 100% against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I agree. No fit for purpose leadership/ideas from league blow ins and as a result they come to even good ideas like Divisionalisation too slowly and now revert back with little imagination. Generally the league just react to the latest winds and tweak while volunteers drown. I'd add that the other side of the equation is that that behaviour from the league will not change in a market like this while clubs sit in their individual corners taking shots at each other/blaming one another for this or that perceived advantage or disadvantage - all the while mostly only being concerned with their slice of the "pie" / success (and of course totally understand why, its natural). Hats off to the clubs who push forward, get promoted, form alliances, start U/19s, work with their juniors etc despite all of the reasons not to, you are the real engine room of the code locally
    hi Jupiter, I don't know what club you are involved with, if any, but this is one of the best and most accurate posts I have seen in years. Well done with both your comments about HQ and the clubs themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    I would think there will be a lot of clubs talking at present, proposed changes from all discussions arent going down well, being told and not consulted properly in a process I am hearing is a lot of the issue. Eg: I know of 5 prems clubs 100% which are adament 16 a side in 19's shouldnt be in place, the other clubs may agree but 5 are 100% against it.
    I could understand senior clubs not wanting the 19's to go 16 a side. But I don't think there would be a junior club against it.
    If there were enough y19 players in the market place , then clubs wouldn't have to pillage the u17 in the juniors. Hence weakening that comp and all age groups downwards and seeing retention at an all time low.
    Having a foot in both camps I see the effects year in year out.

Maybe the league will push to create a western sydney 'super club' with access to top facilities and the use of development officers paid for by the league to attract players and get word out into schools....and maybe those officers will pull on a super club guernsey on a Saturday.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast